9. Speculate

Xiao Zhan should be used to this by now.

The constant scrutiny and complete lack of privacy, but still he cannot elude the annoyance and trepidation that comes as a result.

Yibo instantly notices his soured mood. "What is it?" he asks.

Xiao Zhan hands him the phone.

He watches as he takes in the photo and messages, and then his eyes darken.

However, that is all the reaction that he shows. He sets the phone down and continues on with his meal as though it all means nothing to him.

"You said you'd be careful," Xiao Zhan says.

"Every part of my face except my eyes was covered," Yibo replies. "How much more careful did you want me to be?"

Xiao Zhan can say nothing to this so he sighs, and also continues with his meal.

"What have you been up to?" Yibo lifts his glass up for a sip.

"Just keeping busy," Xiao Zhan replies and tries not to notice the bob of Yibo's adam's apple as the drink goes down his throat. That little jut of Yibo's is more protruded than most males and boy, does it attract Xiao Zhan more than should be sensible.

"Painting... reading," his eyes trace up Yibo's gorgeous neck to settle on his lips.

"I'm working on another song."

It takes Xiao Zhan a little while to realize that things have gone particularly quiet, and when he lifts his gaze to find out why, finds Yibo watching him.

Xiao Zhan smiles stiffly and looks away, embarrassed at being so brazenly caught with his attention on Yibo's lips.

The silence continues as they continue eating, but Xiao Zhan is anything but calm. The tension in the room is so thick that his lungs just flat out refuse to cooperate, leaving his breathing uneven, and his hands, slightly trembling at intervals. Distressed, he grabs his glass of wine and downs the entire glass.

He can feel the heat radiating off Yibo's body, or perhaps that is just his body, no longer able to platonically process Yibo's presence.

His mind eventually becomes so muddled that he begins to regret inviting Yibo over because if things continue like this, then there is no doubt that he is going to make a very severe mistake before the evening comes to an end.

"I'm done," he sets down the emptied glass and rises to his feet. His bowl however is still partially filled with noodles.

"Me too," Yibo says, but his bowl on the other hand is completely clean.

This makes Xiao Zhan smile. "You really liked it? Do you want another serving?"

"Maybe later," he says and picks up his glass. Xiao Zhan reaches for his empty bowl but Yibo suddenly smacks his hand.

"Hey!" Xiao Zhan protests, wondering what the hit was for. With a stern look, Yibo gets off the stool and takes his bowl himself to the sink.

"You want to cook for me and do the dishes too?"

"You're my didi," Xiao Zhan replies. "What's wrong with that?"

At the endearment, he pauses, but Yibo doesn't seem to have a reaction.

'Zhan ge, Didi loves you,' the words said by Yibo to him on the set of 'A Depth of Three' replays in his head.

Not only him, but the entire world had also heard and seen this. They had become so carefree and intimate with each other then, but now it almost seems to have been a figment of his imagination.