69. Water

Yibo finds nothing.

Within the top cupboards, there are indeed a few containers of spices, and much too many mugs, but what they actually need is nowhere to be found.

"Every home should at least have some sort of oil shouldn't they?" Yibo bites out in frustration as he lowers to jerk all of the bottom cupboards open.

Xiao Zhan sucks in his lips to control his amusement at both the misfortunate circumstance, and Yibo's heightening irritation at it, however he finds that it is quite a struggle.

Yibo straightens then to look at him, and Xiao Zhan immediately lowers his head, his cheeks hurting from immense amusement. It truly isn't funny, but he is in such a good mood that the house itself could burn down at this moment, and he would still be able to make up a joke about it.

Provided that Yibo is by his side, to hear it.

He doesn't even mind if what he receives in response is a scowl, which is currently the case.

"Zhan ge," Yibo calls, and laughter nearly snorts from the back of his throat.

He still cannot face Yibo, so he turns around and pretends to search for his phone.

"Um..." he clears his throat. "My phone."

He makes to walk away, but Yibo catches his arms and he is spun around to face him.

Xiao Zhan can no longer hide his amusement, but still he bites down on his bottom lip and keeps his head lowered.

Yibo is genuinely perplexed. "Why are you amused?" he asks.

Xiao Zhan fights to bring himself under control, and when he is confident enough, he straightens to meet Yibo's gaze. But the extreme disappointment of his expression once again pushes Xiao Zhan over the edge.

"I'm not amus-" he tries to say but his body betrays him, and spreads his lips into a full out grin. He quakes softly with laugher, and as a result he is yelled at.

"Xiao Zhan!" Yibo calls out in offense.

"I'm sorry," he says. "It's just funny."

Yibo's serious expression however just further spurs his amusement. "What's funny?" he asks and Xiao Zhan tries his best to explain.

"The um... misfortune of the whole thing. I mean, wouldn't it have been too strange if life had complied and given us what we actually wanted?"

Yibo blinks at him as though there are horns growing out of his head, so Xiao Zhan grabs onto his arms, still shaking with silent laughter.

"Baobei, it's not a big deal," he says. "We'll figure something out."

"How?" Yibo remains straight-faced and worried, and this is enough to return Xiao Zhan to normal.

And so he pulls Yibo against his body, and wraps his arms around his waist.

"I don't know," he says, and slants his head to give him a kiss.

Yibo's lips now automatically just part for his, so it is immediately deep, his tongue sliding in and stroking heatedly against Yibo's plush, velvety tongue.

The pleasure automatically pulls at his balls, especially as Yibo eagerly submits, but this only lasts for a few seconds because Yibo is soon breaking it off and pulling away.

"Let's order what we need," he says, and tries to step around Xiao Zhan to reach for his phone on the counter behind. "It should be here within the hour."

However Xiao Zhan tightens his hold around him and refuses.

"Too risky," he says. "We're not familiar with the area."