14. Blind

Xiao Zhan wonders how they must look right now.

Him and Yibo.

If any outsiders are to be watching and unable to hear their exchange, what will they see?

What will they have seen?

Yibo taking a step towards him, and him retreating.

Yibo taking a step away from him, and him reaching.

What are they doing?

What is he doing?

I want you to owe me...

I want you to fuck me...

Are you the one indulging me or am I the one indulging you?

Yibo takes yet another step towards him, and he takes one backwards.

He feels muddled and shaky, and he doesn't understand it. Is he really this wary of Yibo?

This affected?

This susceptible?

"Yibo," he calls, although he is not sure that his voice is working. But Yibo's eyes perk up so he is sure that he can hear him.

"Let's go back. Together. Let's be who we once were to each other."

"Why?" Yibo growls.

"Because it was simple!" Xiao Zhan cries. "What is this? What are we doing right now?"

Yibo's face darkens... bitterly.

"I don't want to go back. From now on it's either I go forward with you or we end it."

Xiao Zhan cannot believe his words, but he knows that the boy means it. Every single bit of it.

It renders him speechless.

Yibo takes another step forward.

"For fuck's sake!" Xiao Zhan yells. "Stop moving!"

Yibo smirks, and Xiao Zhan wants to smack that conceited expression off his face but he cannot move forward. Only backwards... away from him.

"Why?" Yibo asks. "If you're so unaffected by me then why does my moving towards you bother you so much? You're not gay are you?"

"Are you?" Xiao Zhan yells back, his heart now completely skidding off the tracks of normalcy.

He figures now that his body can only take a tiny bit more of this torment after which something has to give.

"I'm not, but I'm attracted to you. Intensely... severely."

"And so you want to act on it?" Xiao Zhan spits. "You want to throw away our friendship just because you're turned on?"

Yibo huffs. "What friendship? Before my accident when was the last time you spoke to me?"

"And whose fault is that?" Xiao Zhan yells back before he can stop himself. He instantly regrets it because now Yibo's eye narrow.

The last thing he wants is to stir him towards this territory so he steps sideways.

Ah, a way that he can escape short of actually using the door and barging out of the room. He begins to consider it though, and turns his gaze behind him.

"Now you want to run?" Yibo mocks dryly. "Again?"

This blow to his ego he cannot ignore. "What fucking run?" he spits. "I'm trying to save you from your fucking self since it is apparent that you have lost your mind."