68. Pliant

The seconds seem to drag on between them, as Yibo gazes into his eyes.

And Xiao Zhan is entranced... all over again.

He can feel all of Yibo against him, his warmth and hardness pressed so provocatively that he cannot help but to tighten his arms even further around Yibo's waist.

Yibo leans forward then and try as he might, Xiao Zhan cannot leave his eyes open, and so they flutter shut as his lips part in anticipation.

His heart races as he feels the heat of Yibo's breath on his face. He cannot wait to be kissed, senselessly and thoroughly but then there is the sudden ring of a phone from nowhere. He doesn't recognize the tune, and so he doesn't give it any attention but when it registers that it is Yibo's, his eyes shoot back open.

Yibo smiles gently, and then pulls out of his hold.

Xiao Zhan is completely unwilling to let him go, but with an inward groan, he manages to and watches as Yibo heads over to where he had left it on the counter. Xiao Zhan slips his hands into his pockets to hide their slight tremble, and Yibo lifts the phone to his ear.

He listens for a bit, and then responds.

"No. There's no need to wait anymore. I'll call you to come pick me up tomorrow."

Xiao Zhan feels his chest constrict at what this insinuates for his night, and so he heads over on wobbly knees to lean against the counter for strength.

"Mn. I'm sorry," Yibo says, and then listens some more.

"I'm not sure. I'll let you know."

"Alright," he says, and the call comes to an end.

"Shuhui?" Xiao Zhan finds himself asking, and Yibo sends him a glance.

"Mn," he responds, and and Xiao Zhan nods.

Yibo returns the phone to the counter, and then turns around to face him.

Xiao Zhan hears his pulse thumping in his ears as Yibo begins to approach him, and although his expression is far from smug, Xiao Zhan can feel the triumph emanating from his body. As though Xiao Zhan were some kind of facile conquest.

Perhaps it was in the confident way in which he moved, his gait, sure and unhurried, and his eyes as piercing as rays, beaming through Xiao Zhan and leaving him abjectly exposed.

"I'm thinking that maybe you should rest early for your performance tomorrow," Yibo says, but the words take quite the while to compute to Xiao Zhan. By the time they register, Yibo's hands are by his sides, pressed against the counter, and caging him in.

Xiao Zhan cannot breathe.

He gazes at Yibo's lashes, his hooded gaze... his sultry eyes, and the molten lust raging in its depths.

Xiao Zhan feels his spine begin to weaken, and so he presses even further against the edge of the counter for support.

"You're going to mess me up aren't you?" he finds himself saying, and at this Yibo is somewhat amused.

"What?"

A deep helplessness comes over Xiao Zhan, because on one hand he wants to push Yibo away, just so that he can prove to them both he is insusceptible to this- to this seemingly effortless subduing of his entire faculty by Yibo's mere presence. But then on the other hand, he wants to completely submit to it... and to him. To be devoured and consumed.

However he feels his bones weaken even more because he doesn't know where to start from.

"This is why I didn't want you over," he says, and Yibo's brows draw together in a frown.