28. Crack

Dinner with his parents is a sticky affair, to say the least.

It should have been a peaceful and even somewhat enjoyable 'date' between just the two of them, but then his parents had decided, partly due to Yibo's unexplainable fall, to join them.

"We'll eat the duck with you both," his mother said, while his father just grabbed a full serving of rice. "I'm hungry again."

Xiao Zhan on the other hand, is not.

He can't even taste the food, because throughout the meal and as his parents chat lightly with Yibo, all he can do is watch him with full blown mesmerization. He finally understands what Mi Mi had meant by her comment during her date that 'Yibo is the only meal that she wants to enjoy.'

He wholeheartedly agrees.

The boy is just pure, unadulterated delight.

The way he speaks and laughs with all of his heart and body, and the way his lashes flutter and lower when he becomes shy or embarrassed.

The way he is quiet in one moment, and then in the next seemingly unable to shut up and most importantly, the way he indulges his parents and speaks with such reverence, as though they are his own or as though he is trying to impress his in-laws.

Xiao Zhan cannot help but laugh quietly to himself at the thought.

The very idea would have seemed ludicrous to him just a few weeks earlier, but it is just like Yibo to once again come into his life like a raging storm, and turn everything right side up. Or is it 'upside down? He honestly still can't tell... and this is the problem.

With a sigh, he turns away from Yibo's smile and picks up his can of beer to empty it. When he puts it down, he finds Yibo watching him, his gaze hooded, but just has been the case thus far he quickly turns away.

It is quite astounding to Xiao Zhan of just how aware of each other they are. It is as though someone has set a fire underneath him and now his blood is at a constant boil.

Mei Li had been right. Before Yibo he'd thought that he knew what attraction was, but he was wrong.

He knew absolutely nothing, because right now what he feels for Yibo is a post apocalyptic level of affliction.

"Zhan Zhan are you alright?" his mother asks. "You're being so quiet."

"I'm fine," he replies and without thinking, rests his hand on Yibo's thigh.

He feels Yibo automatically stiffen at the touch, and is about to take his hands off and apologize when the thought occurs to him that he really doesn't have to. With both of their busy schedules, who knows when next he will be able to spend as much of a decadent time with the boy again. So now that he can, why not just torture him to the fullest?

He has already almost made him come in his pants from kissing him, sent him crashing to the floor from yet another kiss, so how much of an atrocity is it then to stroke him so boldly before his parents? After all, his hands are underneath the table so as long as Yibo keeps his cool, his parents will be none the wiser.

But then Yibo doesn't exactly have the best track record of keeping his cool when it comes to him.

Hm. This makes him hesitate.

But then once again, Yibo smirks at something his father says, and Xiao Zhan's demonism is reborn. The boy's magnificence needs to be taken down a couple of notches.

Thus, he begins to stroke up and down Yibo's thigh.

At first it is the tip of his finger, just teasing him and making light motions on the fabric of his pants, but then pretty soon that finger turns into a full hand that also begins to inch closer and closer to Yibo's crotch.