Chapter eight

"We all took oaths centuries ago to protect humans, including you, please trust us! My niece and nephews idolise you! They already class you as part of the family, and, well, my son is head over heels in love with you."

I had flashbacks of everyone, the way they all treated me ever since I came round that first day. I instantly fitted in like I had always belonged to this family in some way. They treated me like I was one of them, never once did they hurt me.

Leighton has been an absolute gentleman to me, so loving and caring.

I knew now I was being a drama queen! Of course anyone would be scared.

So I kinda realised not everyone is who they seem. No one's perfect, they might be vampires, but they we're my vampires, and I was their human.

I nodded at Simone, "Your right, I love this family and I love your son, too. I'm so sorry for doubting anyone and being scared of everyone" She hugged me tightly.

"Gracie It's ok, if I was in your shoes, I would be feeling the same as you now. We all get scared, even vampire's. Be sure to ask me one day, if my son annoys you, what scares him."

I was finally relaxed and laughing.

We decided we best go and speak with the others as Simone had a lot to go through with them.

We walked into the living room to find Jo pacing up and down, when she saw me tears filled her beautiful icy blue eyes. "Gracie I'm so sorry I couldn't tell you. I should have been able to tell you anything." Simone silenced her.

"Jo, soul friend or not you would have put her at risk. You all would have, but as of this moment she can be told anything you want."

Jo glared at her aunt. "Good but first things first, is she safe enough at her own home with everything that's been going on? Should she stay here on a more permanent basis?"

Simone touched Jo's shoulder. "Jo I'm not being funny, dear, but she smells of everyone in here. Any vampire would be mad to touch her, or try to harm her. I think she's safe for now." Jo sighed in relief. "Ethan will be put before the elders and punished for his crimes, so she will be fine."

I felt so bad. "I feel this is all my fault. If I hadn't moved to Oxford, gone to the same school as you guy's, none of this would have happened. I don't want to press charges against Ethan. I understand he wanted the best for his son, and he felt I wasn't."

It was Evie who spoke next, "Sweetheart that's very kind of you to be sticking up for the vile things my brother has done to you, but it doesn't work like that for us. We have laws and regulations we have to uphold and stick by. We can't harm humans in any way, especially a human who in someway, belongs to the royal families." What was she going on about royal families?

I looked around at everyone now. "I think I should know everything, don't you?" Leighton came sat next to me and held my hand, I felt a little freaked, but I accepted it none the less He turned to face me.

"Babe if we told you everything it would confuse you. Trust me, but to cut a long story short, Mum is an elder. She is the vampires chancellor, their royalty, like you have your royalty, we have Mum, as well as a few others. They uphold our laws, making sure everyone behaves. If they don't my Mum and the others punish them, just the same way your courts punish the humans. So nothing's really any different, except we also protect the humans."

I nodded. I had so many questions, but I didn't know how I should ask them.

"Just ask we also can't lie" it was Simone. I laughed at her.

"Jesus, my mind really isn't my own." They all laughed.

"Ok, if you're vampires, how can you say you don't harm humans? How do you feed?" I looked around at everyone for answers. Drako smiled and explained it to me the best he could.