Chapter twenty

Taylor took my hand and we did pirouettes around the hallway.

"Are we ready to go to the ball, Cinderella."

I nodded like a loony with a big cheesy grin and he laughed at me.

"Well I must warn you we aren't going in a pumpkin." I laughed. As we walked outside I stopped dead in my tracks, A sports Lexus hybrid was sitting in front off me. Wow, this car makes me purr!

It's quite embarrassing, but I feel very sexual about cars. I would never tell anyone about my fixation. I always knew I should have been a boy. I giggled to myself.

Taylor opened the car door for me and I slipped easily in. It was gorgeous inside. The seats were black leather with blue edging. Mmm, the smell of new leather hit me hard.

Taylor got in the other side and he turned the key. Oh wow, I felt the sudden kick of the engine under me, it purred like a kitten. It was sexy. I shivered and closed my eyes.

I felt eyes on me, I slowly opened my eyes. I peeked at Taylor. Yeah, he had noticed! He started laughing, "Hmm, Gracie Carteri, is that a little blushing I see? You like cars then?" I nodded.

"You find it weird that a girl likes cars, right? Well I do. I'm passionate about them. It all stems when we lived with family in Ireland. My cousins were into drag racing and, well, they use to let me watch. I've been into cars ever since, but not the old types, just sports and exotic cars."

Taylor was grinning, "There's something quite sexy about them. Now you can laugh." I looked down at my hands. Damn, Taylor always made me shy. He put his hand on mine.

"Don't worry I'm not going to laugh at you. It's just a surprise that a girl likes cars. It's always been a guy thing. what do you mean by sexy? So what you're saying is cars are better than sex!" Then he laughed and I slapped him.

"Shut up already! Furthermore, what's that meant to mean?"

He laughed again, "You really are pure aren't you?" We arrived at our destination just in time I think.

Taylor got out and ran round the car to open my door, he took my arm and pulled me up into his arms, it was a little awkward. I felt the heat between our bodies instantly.

Taylor put me down and he ran his fingers through his hair. He really was hot, I think he also felt a little awkward. He took my hand and we walked in.

Wow this was something special. The building was humongous. We walked into the lobby and I was in awe.

Everything from the marble flooring to the roman coliseum pillars was quite luxurious.

Lots of people were also arriving now, they were flitting around Taylor and I, introducing themselves.

Some were right cocky swats, Taylor kept his head high, he looked at me rolling his eyes I smiled supressing a giggle.

"Shall we, Cinders?" I nodded and he placed his hand on the small of my back. Instant warmth hit me again and tingled everywhere.

We moved towards yet another door. A man opened it and smiled as we walked through. Every year his company funded it so unfortunately our table was the middle one. God I really hated being in view of everyone.

It turns out it was an award ceremony showing respect to new companies and self made business men and they get awards.

I would absolutely hate footing the bill for this, it's going to cost a bomb. The thing I noticed instantly was the big massive bucket on the table with five big bottles of champagne, which I hate.

If I was honest, I was looking forward to drinking it, because I could tell tonight was going to be über boring.

The tables were filling up around us and people were exchanging smiles. Some of the conversations people were having made me sorta realise I actually had it good as a child, and how grateful I should be, not taking it for granted.

There was one guy sitting opposite to me he was a multi-millionaire he lost his parents when he was twelve. Another was fifteen. She moved in with her abusive Uncle. God these people had it rough from a young age and yet they have turned there lives around.

I really had taken for granted that my Mum and Dad would always be around. The pain touched home straight away. I miss them so much, I was going to see them next week I couldn't wait.

Finally the ceremony started.

We'll I thought I was bored before, but this was worse. Everyone was so damn quiet.

I sat just waiting for some music to come pumping through the room, but nothing. All I had was a glass of champagne and some nuts to munch on.

Well they were gone, so it was just me and the bubbly, and Taylor's hand on my leg? Wait a minute Taylor's hand was on my leg. I had a tingling sensations up my leg it felt good.

My breathing went a little hitched, darn I was getting hot. I looked up at Taylor he was looking at me. He came closer, his lips touching my ear. "Your skin's so soft. I know you want me Gracie. Your body's saying you do."

His breath was warm against my earlobe, I gasped. My mouth had gone dry. I downed the bubbly, god it tastes rank. What am I doing here, this is starting to feel like a bad idea.

Aww Gracie. Poor Gracie. Two men, well three if you include Joshua, want you. What a tangle you're getting yourself into. You were much safer when boys weren't interested. When you used to listen to me. And she laughed at me.

Tears were welling up. I was trying so hard to push them back. It's not true. You just want me to be weak again. You can't stand it that I'm more in control of me now. Furthermore, I'm not listening to you.

She laughed again, Don't say I didn't warn you! Cheers and applause were going all through the hall. I hadn't quite caught any of it.

I saw a woman walk up on stage, she was handed this award in the shape of a figurine, it was almost like watching the Brits awards, "The best new comer is..."

I can't say I wasn't grateful for the interruptions and distraction, though. Was my subconscious right? Was I really in a love triangle.

The night was coming to the end, and there was one more award. It was going to the youngest, richest person, who started from scratch. Who had built their empire bit by bit, and also who does the most for the community The award went to Taylor.

Every one was cheering, standing up shaking his hand as he walked past. He was standing on the stage, and I had to take a second look.

He was sexy as hell. It was those eyes, They were intense. It was then I realised, I wanted him. I needed him. furthermore I had to do something before I end up loosing my nerve.

I hugged Taylor as he got back to the table. He held me close, pushing his body against mine, his breath against my ear again. I was getting weaker.

"Tell me you don't want me, like I want you. Just tell me." I fell silent because right at the moment I couldn't say a word

"I knew it, I knew you wanted me."

I felt the trail of his kisses from my earlobe down my neck, and I knew it was game over.