Chapter seventeen

At about six I went up and got ready. I was really nervous. The last time I saw Leighton's Dad he made it quite clear he didn't like me. But maybe things have changed now that I saved his ass.

Once I was ready I took one last look in the mirror. I sat down on Jo's bed and took some deep breaths. You can do this Gracie. I kept it in my head, until I started to actually believe it, and then it was time.

When we got to Leighton's house I had to shut my mouth and take it all in. I'm sure he saw how far my jaw dropped. He laughed.

I thought Jo's house was big, but the size of this one you could easily put the high street on the grounds alone.

We walked up to the door and pressed the bell, a lady opened it all dressed up in a maids outfit. "Evening Josie" The lady smiled at us. Oh my god! Did they have servants? As I looked past her, standing by the stairs were Simone and Ethan.

"Gracie, sweetie, It's lovely to see you again. Furthermore you look stunning, might I add?" I liked Leighton's Mum she was always so kind, she hugged me just like my Mum hugged me, with nothing but pure love.

I was so lucky, but the thing that worried me the most was Leighton's father. He smiled at me. Wow that was a first.

Nevertheless Ethan hated me in the beginning. he came forward and did the most shocking thing ever. He hugged me, and I froze on the spot.

"Gracie I don't expect you to ever forgive me for everything I've done, but I just want to say how very grateful I am for everything you have done for me. Leighton's also right, I didn't deserve it."

He took my hand in his and kissed it.

"I was horrible to you from the start, but I should have listened to him. He was right, you really are amazing. Thank you for giving me a second chance and reminding me that there really is good in humanity. I had begun to lose faith."

I looked at him, tears were falling from my eyes. I hugged him tightly. "I forgive you."

He hugged me back and kissed my head. "Thank you!" Arms were hugging us from both sides, we were all hugging together.

Dinner was amazing, first course was a fillet of steak with creamy potatoes and vegetables. The we had pudding, it was an Eaton mess with cream. Little bursts of flavours covered my pallet. It was amazing.

"Leighton, why don't you show Gracie around?" he nodded to his Mum. He took my hand and we left the dinning room.

Out in the hallway he spun me around into his arms and kissed me. "Thanks for forgiving my Dad. You've got such a soft heart. I love you."

He kissed me passionately. "However, every time I think I love you as much as I can, you do something that makes me love you even more."

"I love you too Leighton. I never realised how much until recently." He grinned at me. "Me too. I want you Gracie. So bad it drives me crazy."

We walked around the grounds. They were out of this world. Leighton told me that his Mum holds alot of festivals and fetes on for charities.

Before long he showed me around the house, everything was immaculate and so stylish. I was in awe.

Leighton turned the handle to the last room we stopped at. We went inside. There were wall to wall wardrobes, a huge plasma screen on the wall, and the biggest four poster bed I've ever seen. it was gorgeous. I took a running jump and landed face first on it.

Leighton chuckled. I patted the bed and Leighton didn't waste any time in joining me. I smiled at him. "Babe, I want you too. I wanna hear you like you said I would. I want that connection you spoke off."