Ch 11 Betrayal.

I sat around a big oak table, across from me was a man.
From face value he was stunning, muscular with tattoos, he was wearing a silver-grey suit, white shirt, a pink salmon tie, he was extremely smart, a little too smart! He was a little too cocksure for my liking.
I got nervous, but around me sat Simone with six other women.
You could tell from looking at them that they had an air of authority about them, but just like Simone and Evie, they were gorgeous but deadly looking.
I wouldn't mess with this group of elder's that's for sure.
Simone stood up to shake the man's hand, "Xavier It's nice to meet finally, it should have been at the upcoming ball, I apologize for meeting on bad terms."
Weird name for a demon, but what do I know, Xavier looked around the table his eyes settling on me, he sniffed the air, I froze.
"So you're the one! Very pretty too, I must say," he smiled.
I looked at Simone, she smiled at me reassuring me.
"Yes it seems I am, but I don't know what any of this means, or why my soul mate was attacked so badly by the demon in the club, maybe you can explain?" He nodded in response.
"I can yes, but I don't think you will like what I'm about to say, but if you're sure I will explain!" I was feeling edgy, hoping I could contain myself here, I nodded encouraging him to continue with what he was saying.
"Ok, before I took over, we were having a few issues with some rogue vampires, yes I'm not disputing that the elders didn't sort the problem out, but before they did one of malcoms parent's got killed, he went looking for revenge, even knowing we are trying to live in harmony."
This didn't explain why he wants me or attacked Leighton, I listened, as he continued.
"Then one of Malcolm's niece's got sick, one evening he overheard a conversation I was having with my father about you, how you being able to heal every species with your blood,  he started searching for you, we never thought he would find you, I've known about you even before they did," he pointed to the elders, I felt scared, petrified almost but Malcolm seemed so nice, I wouldn't have even imagined him being so evil.
"He was transferred here to Oxford to keep him out of trouble, we had no idea you would actually come back but you have, it seems you have triggered him off again."
Woah! What was he saying, this is my fault! I stood up hands firmly on the table, "So this is all my fault, yeah?" He looked at me bewildered, "No! This is not your fault, but being so beautiful and powerful don't exactly help you! like I said I've always known about you, Gracie! I even assigned you a personal bodyguard when one of our kind tried to kidnap you when you were a child just before you moved away."
I was confused, he was talking crap I've never been kidnapped! I looked back at him getting angry,  frustrated at the shit coming out of his mouth, I would have known, I would have remembered.
"No, you wouldn't remember, it was wiped completely by the elders, when you returned back to Oxford we assigned you the same one, your bodyguards outside wanna meet him?" I nodded curiously, I'm so glad my chair was right behind me as I flopped back in shock, the person who walked through the door was none other than Mr Nash!
"You, but your just my maths teacher?" he laughed, but come to think of it I was always aware that something was off with him, he nodded in response, "Yes Gracie, me! It's been an absolute pleasure," I looked at Simone, she was looking as confused as I was, she shook her head as I asked if she knew through our minds.
Simone looked at Xavier, "So what now? I can't have my son's soul mate in danger, it goes against all our rules," he laughed.
"She is not just your son's soul mate, she's your last hope, the ultimate peacekeeper, we will continue to keep Gracie safe from our kind, her blood used by my kind can do too much damage, Malcolm will be dealt with, we want to remain in peace with you Simone, on one condition!"
She looked at him and smiled, "I'm glad you will, yes your right she's very special but she always has been, what's the condition."
Xavier looked at me and smiled, "You will train her to her full potential, you will not keep her in the dark about the underworld, or I will train her, plus you erase the law stating we can't date humans or any other species but our own, demon females are not populating like males there are very few, I'm sick of being single, he chuckled."
Simone sat there looking furious, wow did she really write that law? That's a bit harsh, her face softened when she saw me.
"Ok granted, we will do that but you have to promise me Malcolm pays for what he did to my son!" He smiled warmly at her "Oh he's not getting away with this, he could have caused a war between us all, we don't have a weapon like you do,(he looked straight at me) he will be taken down Simone, one less demon won't matter to us all that testosterone makes me queasy."
Simone rubbed her hands together, "Thank you! Remember the ball next week, make sure your father comes, Ethan will see you out.
I was still in shock by everything, what did he mean secret weapon? I'm just an 18-year-old girl, my whole life ahead of me.
I wanted to scream, I wanted to do something, I felt I was going out of my mind! As if Simone could sense it she hugged me. "Gracie why don't you go back to the hospital to see Leighton, Ethan will take you."
Yeah, this is the distraction I needed, Leighton's coming home tomorrow but right now I wanted to be in his arms, I needed to feel him against me.