Ch 6 Betrayal.

I walked into the kitchen with my hands held high, "I come in peace, no funny business, I promise," there were guffaws of laughter from everyone.

Draco came over and scooped me up and spun me around "I'ts ok princess, you were right, I was in fact being a prize prat."

I nodded "Yeah, damn right you were," he chortled and kissed my head.

After two glorious bags of the red stuff I sat at the table examining and scrutinising everyone, had I missed something, everyone was getting on like a house on fire, Drako had his arm around Pierre, they were laughing and the boys were joining in with the crack.

Leighton was leaning against the fridge in all his glory, he sure was a sexy mofo I giggled inwardly, he walked over to me and sat down, "I hope you're as proud of yourself as I am of you, you really brought this family together today, your passion is undeniably the strongest I've ever seen I think mum's right about you."

My head darted straight round to look at him.

"Right about what," he chuckled.

"My mum believe's you're the chosen one, The elder who will bring back the peace and tranquility of our people," I felt like my jaw had hit the table hard.

"Woah! Woah! Rewind, say what?" He looked surprised by my reaction, "She wants you to join her, she wants you to become an elder," if I was standing I would sure as hell have fainted.

"Leighton I'm 18 years old I'm too young to be an elder don't you think?" He shook his head " Erm no! Eva is only 23."

I was feeling a little agitated "I got my final exams coming up and then I qualify I need to concentrate on that first," he nodded, "Yeah, we all do baby, but there's nothing stopping you, think of all the good that could come of it the opportunities," I shook my head.

"Yeah, but they're not my opportunities or my decisions or choices," he got up and walked off.

I sat at the table, literally cursing, dammit is my life really not my own since becoming a frigging vampire does making my choices, not count, and how dare he get up and walk away from me like that, "You keep talking to yourself like that and you give me no choice but to take you to a nutty ward," I looked up to see Joe shaking her head, I laughed.

"Sorry, I'm sane don't panic, I mastered a giggle, just a little peeved,"

"Ok Mrs bionic lady, I just wanted to say thank-you for everything," I nodded, "You're welcome, besides you can't cope without me and we both cracked up.

"I'm going to miss being here with you watching out for you, listen to you snore at night, "she giggled and I slapped her "I do not snore you lie!" She chuckled.

"No I know, but I'm going to miss you so much, I'll make sure to come round every day and you're welcome to me too."

This felt like the end of the Gracie and Joe show, the feeling of emptiness was too much to cope with but I had to cope who was I to deny her happiness.

Beep! Beep! I pulled out my phone and saw Leighton's name "Come outside, there's something I need to show you." What the hell, he walks off and expects me to come to him, I hear a rumble of thunder and a clap of lightning and I jump, then a voice in my head, "Gracie come out front,"

It's evening the sky is clear, a bird is singing the most beautiful song high up in the trees, but as I turn my head I see a sudden movement to the left of me, I see the two men in my life fighting! Hold up their fighting, what the hell is going on, no no this can't be happening.

"Stop it now, Leighton, dad, Stop!" They don't listen, they carry on, the two men I love are hurting each other why? "STOP THIS NOW!! Omg Leighton just picked my dad up above his head and threw him into the wall, I hear the thud even from where I'm standing, tears are rolling down my face and I slump down to my knees.

The sudden rush of anger floods through me to the extent of I want to kill Leighton, my body is shaking and my body feels like It's on fire, but my body is the last of my worries, It's what's going on around me, that's scaring me, the sky above is getting dark and foggy, a layer of fog is carpeting the grass around me, creeping towards my dad and Leighton.

"Please I beg of you, stop!" But still nothing, do they not hear my plea do they not love me, all of a sudden Leighton smashed into the tree beside me, his body tumbles down the trunk of the tree, as if in slow motion I see him zoom back towards my dad smashing him through the garage, the sky is now crackling with electricity, my eyes are set on Leighton, there's a rumble and the skies open up.

Lightning striking the grounds in different places, I was at one with it, the lightning feeding my power, consuming me, I saw red before I knew it a lightning bolt was zooming towards Leighton at an impeccable rate, it wasn't going to stop.

"Gracie Stop!!! We are just sparing, we aren't hurting each other we need you to see how strong we are, how your powers are uncontrolable, you need help," my dad bellowed.

I looked at Leighton then at the lightning bolt, it was getting closer and closer.

"Gracie I love you, let me help you," I was screaming "What if I can't stop it, what if it hurts you?" His voice was in my head, "Because I have faith in you, I love you so much."

A calming warm feeling enters my body and memories make me feel grounded again, just as the lightning gets inches away I imagine it popping like a bubble, a harmless, child friendly bubble and I closed my eyes.

Next minute I feel arms around me, his voice whispering words of encouragment "You did it baby, I felt disappointed, hurt by both of them, I push him away, "How dare you, you both disgust me how could you do this to me, don't talk to me, don't touch me, god forbid do not follow me," I stormed in and ran to my room.

Slamming the door shut I jump on my bed screaming into my pillow, how could I have been so stupid, I was reeled right into that without a second thought for my feelings, I hate them both right now, but one thing they said was true, right now I'm a danger to everyone I was that close to hurting Leighton.

I pull out my phone and call Taylor "Hello?" "Taylor can you pick me up?" He chuckled "Yeah sure, see you in five, " sure enough five minutes later, he pulled up and beeped outside.

I grabbed my coat and ran out into the night, the soft sent of fear from before still lingerd in the air, the ground covered in scorch marks a constant reminder someone could have died tonight, I got into taylors car and the only word I could muster was "Drive!" Taylor nodded but never said a word.