Ch 8 Betrayal.

As we pulled up outside the house we saw Leighton's Lexus and Simone's Porch, I shivered this was it, I suppose it was the moment someone else decides my fate for me.

Taylor gave me a reassuring nudge, "It's going to be fine, just you wait and see, I look around, but I don't see Pierre's car, dammit, I needed Joe here too.

I look back at Taylor "Ok, let's go sort this out, but they dare not think they own me, I'm my own person I'm not being controlled by anyone," Taylor giggled "You tell them, girlfriend! Papa bear is very proud," We both laughed.

Walking into the house was a little nerve wrecking, I was greeted by my mum "Oh Gracie I'm so sorry about your father, he told me what happened, I was so mad at him," I shook my head "No worries where is everyone," she smiled."The kitchen." Storming into the kitchen everyone looked up and smiled, Leighton went to stand up, but Simone dragged him back down I was pleased, to say the least.

"Right we all know why we are here, the two men I love the most decided to play a nasty trick on me, well it almost ended in someone getting really hurt that's really not ok."
My dad looked down to the ground in shame, "I wish I never drank that stupid blood, I wish I didn't have these retarded powers, but I do, so here's the deal I will join the elder's, I will train, control my powers, but not for one moment will it mean any of you own me, I'm my own person, I want my own life, that is it take, it or leave it."

I looked around to see everyone a little gobsmacked, everyone stood up, I was blushing, I knew I was but I felt a whole new power, the power of self-worth, no one was going to tell me what to do.

"Who's up for Nando's? Everyone was nodding, right, I'm going to get changed.

I got to my room, shut the door, still reveling in the surge going through me I turn to see on a bouquet of flowers and a note, I went over removing the note to read it , phew it was from Joe.

"Hey maid of honour! Thank you for everything you have done for us you really are the best soul friend a girl could have and sister, I love you so much! Call me day or night, ps get your things together Friday we're off to Rome in search for a dress."

Woah, really! Rome wow shit, I got two days to prepare, jumping in the shower washing my thoughts away, I refreshed myself for dinner after choosing my clothes I decided on a slinky red dress and red heels, checking my reflection once more I went to gather with the others, they too were all smartly dressed even if it was only for Nando's.
When we arrived the waiter ushered us to our table.
We got the big round family table at the back whilst ordering drinks, my dad cleared his throat, "Gracie I would like to apologize for the way we acted, I suppose we just messed up," I shook my head, "No, I know how you were trying to help, but next time just talk to me," I looked straight at Leighton "That goes for you too," he nodded, his eyes never looking at me.

Simone touched my hand, "I completely agree with you Hun, Leighton knows how upset I am with him, you should have just been told why," I laughed.

"Yeah, but thankfully Taylor told me everything, he's totally straight with me,"

Leighton glared at Taylor, "It wasn't your place to tell her anything," Taylor chuckled, "Well, if you hadn't been acting the fool, just talked to her we wouldn't be doing this, would we," they both got up and went for each other, but for some reason gravity was pulling them apart plonking their asses back down.

I never did it, I looked around the table to see Simone staring intently at them, "You two will sit back down now, how dare you, we don't attack our family, besides Taylor is right Leighton, you were out of order sometimes I wonder if you're ready for a soul mate, especially Gracie,"

Leighton glared at his mother, "How dare you say that to me," Simone chuckled, "Then start protecting her, instead of almost getting her killed," Leighton pushed his chair back, storming out of the restaurant.

I got up to go after him, but Simone stopped me "Let him cool off Gracie, he needs to know the truth, or I might let Taylor have his wishes, I get the feeling he might be more suited," she smiled. Omfg! I almost shat myself, how the hell does she know? "Gracie It's not hard to see how much he loves you," I'm so glad her voice was in my head, "I thought you would be mad at me," she shook her head. "No Gracie, ever since I met you I noticed your aura, I should have known you were a dormant vampire, your sex appeal was big, you already had my nephews and son hooked, Leighton would come home from school cursing at how many inappropriate thoughts guys had about you, which use to make me think there was something about you, luckily fealen and Joshua has moved on loving you like a sister, but Taylor's love for you has got stronger so I looked it up it appears some special vampires can, in fact, have two soul mate's," I shook my head.

"No way, that's wrong, but I am drawn to Taylor, no, no It's wrong, I can't believe I'm talking to you like this," she laughed. "Gracie, It's no worse than having two lovers," my cheeks flushed pure beet red, I looked down to my feet she held my hand.

" I want Taylor to forget about me to find a girl of his own, I love him yes, but I can't do that to Leighton, I love Leighton," she squeezed my hand "Then that's what I'll do for you, I'll erase his memory, he will love you the way you want him too, like the others do like family."

I looked over at Taylor, he was smiling at me, I smiled back, then I looked at Simone and nodded, she smiled, "Consider it done," I felt a little broken a little deflated "Taylor come and help your aunt Simone get some food for this hungry bunch," Taylor nodded walking up to the bar, was this it was was this the last time I would feel his soft lips on mine, ahhhh why me, I looked up to the bar to see Taylor looking at Simone, yes this definitely was it, they were walking back towards the table and I wiped away a tear that had fallen, "goodbye Taylor" I said in my head.

He passed the drinks around, mine was a coke, I smiled he smiled back then Simons' voice was in my head again "It's done, It's over" I nodded, "Thank you" she smiled at me sadly, did she know how much this hurts right now.

Food started being brought to the table, omg were they feeding the five thousand or had they ordered the whole menu.
I started laughing "Hope were all hungry," I'm starving!" I felt hands on my shoulders and before I look up I knew who it was Leighton, he sat down next to me and we started munching through the colossal of food.

"Taylor I'm sorry for fighting with you, you were right, " Taylor nodded, "It's cool cuz, I'm just looking out for my sister she deserves the best, just like I do for Joe," Leighton nodded in agreement but my heart sank.

Those two words, my sister, broke me the pain was so horrific it felt like a piece of my heart tore, I gasped suddenly, Leighton held me, "Baby are you ok, I felt your pain is something wrong?" I shook my head, "No just stubbed my toe," Simone looked at me realization on her face, I looked up to look at Taylor I looked into his eyes and saw nothing it was over.

"Who's up for clubbing?" I just said the first thing I could think of, I needed a thousand vodka red bulls, I wasn't going to stop until I was completely numb.