Chapter sixteen

I woke to find Leighton stroking my face. Gosh he looked good in the morning. Rawr! "Good morning, baby. You look so beautiful sleeping. I'm so lucky."

I pulled myself up on my elbows kissing his soft lips. He held my head with his hand, supporting me. It sure was a beautiful morning.

"I could lay here looking at you all day, but you're at mine for dinner so we're going shopping."

I looked at him confused. "Since when?" He laughed.

"Since I asked you last week, silly."

Oh no! He's right. I had forgotten about that. Nervously biting my bottom lip, I looked at him. "Sorry." Suddenly he kissed me.

It was a gentle kiss, but I could feel the urgency behind it. He pulled me on top of him, his hand moving the hair out of my face his lips getting a little more hungrier, his tongue searching for mine, his hands moving down my body.

I was damn lucky I had clothes on. As if on cue, Jo walked in. "Whoa! People, really? Get a room already."

Leighton laughed "We will, soon." I looked at him, my inner self was smiling, did this mean he wanted me like I wanted him? Oh my, I think I'm gonna faint. He smiled at me before placing me gently on my feet.

Walking towards the door, he turned to look at me again. "Yes, I do! I'll be waiting downstairs don't be long." I nodded and he was gone.

Jo looked at me and laughed "Someones looking a little flushed today." I touched my cheeks. I did feel hot.

"Damn! Shut up." We both laughed out loud.

I went to the wardrobe and picked out a gorgeous black skirt and white cashmere jumper and headed in to have a shower.

I had to chill down. At least until dinner with Leighton's parents was over. Then we would be alone. Maybe we should chat about things.

I got showered, dressed, twisted my hair in a messy bun, making sure to apply the least amount of makeup. I was at last ready.

"Do I look ok?" I asked Jo. She looked up from her magazine and nodded.

"Perfect, as always. Now go have fun before my cousin has a fit."

On my way out the door I bumped into Taylor. "Sorry Gracie! I was miles away. You look great by the way!" He smiled. I looked behind me to see Taylor still looking at me till he went into his room.

Joshua gave us a lift into town. He had few things to do. He told us to meet him at the car when we were done.

Leighton made a bee line for Starbucks ordering their signature hot chocolate. We sat near the window and I took a sip.

It was amazing, I'd heard everyone chatting about it, I can see why now! "So what are we in town for?"

He put his finger to his lips. "Shush! It's a surprise drink up." I was a little excited.

"I'm ready."

He downed the rest of his drink. Taking my hand, we walked the whole way to whatever surprise he had in mind. It was romantic, he would look at me odd times, smiling .

People were looking at Leighton and I, probably thinking he could do alot better than me. I looked up at him and he smiled such a loving smile.

I realised then that he didn't notice anyone else. He didn't even notice anyone looking, because right now, I was the only girl in the world for him.

We stopped outside a bespoke dress shop, he turned to me. "Now close your eyes and follow me," I took his arm and he guided me into the shop. I felt him remove my arm from his, only for another hand to take over from him. They now guided me somewhere else.

"You can open your eyes now, dear." It wasn't Leighton's voice. It was, in fact, a woman's. I opened my eyes to see an older, very attractive lady standing before me. I smiled she smiled back.

I then followed her eyes to the wall behind us. Hanging up was the most beautiful dress I'd ever seen. It was even more beautiful than the one my Dad got me that time.

It was in a peach colour. No, not peach. More like a nude. It was stunning. It had such beautiful detail to it, and shimmering sequins on top.

The bottom part went into a pencil skirt. I was so in love with this dress.

"Shall we try it on? I smiled and nodded my head.

She helped me slip into the dress. She did the back up and handed me some matching nude heels. I slipped my feet in, instantly feeling tall and feminine.

I turned round to look in the mirror, Whoa! You look amazing girl. If I do say so myself. Damn what was wrong my subconscious today? Was that actually a compliment?

I really did look and feel great. It's Jo's fault she started all this off with short stuff a year ago. Before that I hid in tracksuits. Now I wear skirts and dresses, and I love them.

I opened the curtain to show Leighton he was at my side in seconds, gawping almost. "Wow you look amazing! Do you like it?" he kissed my head.

"I love it what's it for?" He chuckled.

He moved me back to look me up and down. "Well as I said were having dinner tonight with my parents. Furthermore, It's your birthday in a week. So I'm planning to surprise you with a gift for the next 7 days up until the day, saving the best till last."

It was true, my birthday was in a week. Plus I'd be eighteen! Legal to drink, go clubbing, and have sex.

Those things made me nervous. Nevertheless when I caught Leighton looking at me I realised that was, in fact, the only present I wanted.

After changing, Leighton paid for the dress. "That will be £175, sir." he smiled.

"There you go keep the change."

The lady smiled and bowed her head. "Thank you, sir. Have a great day."

I was gobsmacked. "Let me pay half." He shook his head.

"No way, you don't pay for a single thing with me. I will be offended if you don't leave it at that!" He giggled.

We went and had some lunch after and picked up a few other bits. Then made our way back to Joshua's car. Joshua had got everything he needed and was glad to see us. Once we got back to the house we all retreated to the games lounge to chill. Leighton stayed around all afternoon.