Ch 4 Betrayal.

"You're doing what?" Joe laughed, "Gracie I'm getting married, and I want you to be my maid of honour Leighton was right to tell me to be prepared this was ridiculous, "Joe are you sure, you're only 18," she smiled whilst nodding at me.

I'm sure Gracie, Pierre is my soul mate, he always has been all this time but I didn't think of him like that when I was younger.
He was always just my annoying older brother Taylor's friend."
I nodded in acknowledgement, I for one knew how strong the soul mate bond was, but marriage really? Leighton nodded at me.

"Ok fine you win Joe, we got a wedding to plan," she jumped up in my arms luckily I caught her just in time, lucky my reflexes are super quick now or she would have been flat on that ass.

"Now I just got to tell mum and dad," I dropped her literally.
"You haven't told your mum and dad yet?" she shook her head, "No, I wanted you to be the first to know," I was in guffaws of laughter, "Holy crap Joe, you're in so much shit," they all burst out laughing because they knew I was so right.

Whilst Leighton and Pierre were playing Xbox me and Joe sat on the terrace with a bottle of wine, she smiled at me, "This must all be a shock to you huh?" I nodded as I took her hand in mine.

"You could say that yeah, I find out my best mates moved out, now she's getting married," she looked down at her feet.

"I did want to tell you, It's just when you went away babe I couldn't cope, I spent more and more time with Pierre, we became inseparable, I was hardly at home." I hugged her tightly, "I'm sorry I went, but I'm lucky I did, my mum could have died, I would never have known,"

We sat in silence for a moment, enjoying the sunshine plus the wine of course it was needed for sure, "So how do you think your parents will take the news?" She looked a little perplexed.

"I'm not sure, I was hoping you might have a word with them for me?" My jaw dropped, "Joe, they won't listen to me, Taylor would stand a good chance he's Pierre's friend," she shook her head.

"Nope, already tried that he won't besides, he don't like the idea" hmm why don't Taylor like the idea? it was stuck in my mind there must be a reason.

After being shown where the toilet was I closed the door behind me and turned on the tap dialing Taylor's number. "Taylor I am at Pierre's after finding out Joe's moved in with him, now she's also engaged, what I'm getting at is why don't you like the idea?" He was quiet for a while, then he spoke, "Hello to you too babe, the reason is quite simple he's a player, he's never been with the same woman for longer than 6months" I thought as much but I knew it was never my place to say anything.

"Gracie will you meet up with me have dinner? I miss seeing you," I tried to change the subject.

"What if he goes past the six month stage, would you accept it, then?" He laughed, "I'll accept anything for you, if you think he's good enough for my sister, so how about dinner?" Why did he always make me giggle internally like a child.

"Maybe at some point, I'm living out of a suitcase at the moment, let me get settled back in first," he laughed "Yeah, sure babe see you later,"the phone went dead.

As I walked out the toilet Leighton was standing against the door, "Who was you talking to?" I had to think quickly.

"Sorry baby, I just called mum, she would be worried if I didn't call," he nodded in response, "Ok, true, you ready to go?" I nodded, "yeah I suppose."

I went and hugged Joe, "Come for dinner tonight, we will discuss it with your parents I'll back you 100%, I turned to Pierre, "Look after my best mate, let's hope you get passed that 6month thing," he looked at me shocked.

I'm glad he knew that I knew what that meant, Joe and Leighton looked at me with bewilderment they didn't need to know what I meant by it yet.

As I got in the car I glanced back at Joe, tears welled up, I'm going to miss her so much, but I wasn't going to be the one who spoilt her happiness, even if I was slightly jealous, I had her to myself for so long yet I've done exactly the same to her I wasn't letting go I was just giving her the space to grow up too.

"Jealous of what?" Leighton's question jogged my train of thought, I looked at him, a single tear ran down my cheek, "That's just it, I don't know," he took my hand in his kissing my knuckles.

"You can have it all too baby, just say the words," what was he trying to say, he laughed, "A house, marriage, kids, whatever your hearts desired, you can have it all," ewwwww I shuddered at the thought.

As we pulled up in the drive I noticed Drako's car, ahhhh good dad's home "Leighton, you coming in?" He shook his head, "Nah babe, I best get back, help mum, I'll see you tomorrow though" I was a little saddened by this, but I knew he was tired, he was also probably a little pissed at me for not responding to him, but I was way to young for the things he was offering me, all I wanted was him, shoes, bags and perfumes ooo not forgetting the fairy tale, o..m..g, now I know what I was jealous of, Joe was acting like an adult, I was still in cukoo land dancing with Peter pan, Jesus Gracie grow up! I shook my head in shame. "I'll see you tomorrow then," he kissed my lips gently, "I love you baby, sweetdreams," I nodded "I love you too," I got out the car waved before walking into the house.

The second I got to the front room I heard shouting, "What do you mean she moved out," "Just what I said dad, she's gone, she moved in with demon boy," I giggled. Fealan sounded pissed by it, I best get in to sort it before she comes, I walked into the kitchen and the hostility turns to smiles in 60 seconds flat "Ok who's killing who?" they all burst out laughing. "Right table you guys, time for a family meeting I think "funny thing is everyone listened I walked behind them.

When everyone was sat down I felt nervous, I loved these guys so much I felt I could talk to them about anything, that's when it happened, I felt a buzzing through my body almost like a switch had turned on, power of persuation coursed through my veins, everyone could sense it too I had everyones attention now.

"I went round to see Joe today, she seems really happy, I know none of you like Pierre, I got to admit neither do I but I love Joe, I'm happy as long as she's happy, I think all of you should be too, so what if he ain't our choice, he's her choice, so as long as he is her choice we give him a chance."

I sat waiting for an argument, what happened next surprised me Evie, mum, dad, Joshua got up and started clapping, I smiled at them all, I looked at Draco I could see the tears welling up in his eyes I walked over to him hugging him, "I'm sorry if I've upset you, I just don't think It's worth losing Joe over who may or may not be right for her, Draco held me tight.

"No Gracie your right, I will accept him for Joe's sake, " I sighed with relief.

Whilst I felt brave I threw my last pennies worth for good measure, "That's good then because they're coming round for tea."