Ch 5 Betrayal.

Sitting around the big oak table brought back many memories, the ones I never wanted to have again, just under a year ago a man sat at this table that hated my guts, now that man loves me to bits, lucky really or being with Leighton would have been hell.

Sat in his place right now was my dad, we had all gathered round the table for a formal dinner, Joe was our guest of honour, it was still a bitter taste in my mouth, but if everyone else had to get used to the idea, then so would I, besides I had instigated all this getting them all together, I don't  want to be my own hypocrite.

My thoughts were disturbed by the doorbell, Drako got up and went to the door, I was nervous I needed this to all go well for her, in she came in all her glory, how she made my heart sing, she gave me a wink, I knew what she meant so I nodded.

When everyone was sitting down quietly I looked over to Joe, she looked so nervous like a small child, I suddenly felt like I was responsible for her, I looked around at all of them seeing disapproval, frustration, I knew Joe and Pierre would sense it too so I decided to break the silence.

"Joe I'm so pleased you have met someone you're happy with, I know the others are too, I just think they're a little shocked that you've moved in with Pierre so soon," the others started grumbling in agreement.

"Thank You Gracie, I agree, but I've not been this happy in ages, I've got the best family, my soul sister, now Pierre I just feel complete," she looked at her dad, a tear fell down her cheek.

"Please be happy for me as you are for Haydn," he smiled and got up and hugged Joe, "My beautiful princess, if you're happy then so am I, I just never thought I'd lose my little girl so soon, but I have, because she has turned into a beautiful, strong, woman," tears were rolling down his face as he cradled Joe in his arms.

Joe looked over at me I smiled, mouthing the words "Tell him, " she nodded, "Dad Pierre is my soul mate, I love him so much, I can't imagine my life without him, that's why I've agreed to marry him."

Everything happened in slow motion, Drako dropped Joe to the floor, with one hand he lifted Pierre clean off the floor, he had one claw extended which had scraped Pierre's neck, blood was beading to the surface.

"Joe! he spat, demon's don't have soul mate's, that's impossible he's lying to you, he's using you, manipulating you, are you stupid have you learned nothing as a peacekeeper, Demon's never settle with one person."

Joe was crying hysterically it was painful to watch my best friend crouched on the floor begging her dad to let go of piere.
My whole body was shaking with anger, I was finding it very hard to control, there was vibration rolling, thrumming through my veins and that's when time stood still, "SSSTOP!" next thing I knew dad was by my side, "Gracie let them down, what have you done," Evie was looking at me astounded, the boys were either side of me trying to calm me down, I had somehow dragged Drako off Pierre, now they were both separated but above us laid flat against the ceiling.

"Mum, call Aunt Simone," it was Joshua, I could hear them, feel the hands on my shoulders but I couldn't see nothing, everything was black, I could feel the power surging through my body it was stronger than anything ive ever felt before but I wasn't scared of it I was thriving on it.

"Gracie, It's me Leighton, I'm here baby" he put his hand on my arm, "Gracie, It's Simone, try to focus Gracie, focus on bringing Drako and Pierre back down to the ground," I shook my head "NO! I spat at her, They were upsetting Joe, they were being childish," Simone laughed.

"Gracie they can't sort this out up there can they, I promise I will sort all this out," I suddenly felt at ease, "Now concentrate on bringing them back down."

But I couldn't do it, no matter how hard I tried they were still stuck to the ceiling "I can't, nothings happening," Leighton pushed his mother out the way dragging me into his arms kissing me hard, my whole body relaxed then I heard the crashing sound of two people falling to the ground and everyone laughing.

I collapsed in Leighton's arms it went dark, "Gracie, Gracie, wake up Gracie, It's me baby, It's Leighton, I could hear him but I couldn't open my eye's.

"Mum, what's wrong with her, why she not waking," a gentle hand stroked my cheek. "The elder's powers are draining sweetheart, by what I saw she is by far one of the strongest we have ever had even the slightest power used will drain her also because she can't control it yet, it will drain her completely, she will be ok she just needs rest," Leighton cradled me in his arms.

"This is all my fault," Joe choked out, I wanted so badly to throw something at her, but I just couldn't open my eyes, then for the first time I heard Pierre spoke "No Joe, this is my fault, I understand vampires don't trust demon's, why the hell should they, we have a bad reputation we can't be trusted, your dad's right we never stay with the same woman, but I have always loved you, always wanted to be with you I will do anything to prove that."

Everything went quiet, then everything changed, Drako spoke, "Thank You Pierre, that's all I needed to hear, if you love my daughter that much you don't need to prove anything to me, you may have my daughters hand in marriage with my permission," everyone was now cheering, "Besides Gracie will beat us both if we don't get on for her best friends sake."

I was so happy I'm pretty sure I was smiling in my sleep.

That evening I woke up to find Leighton staring at me, I coughed to clear my throat "Hey, how long have I been out?" He smiled, "Hey beautiful, about 3 hours you had everyone worried, " I shook my head in distaste.

"Yeah I know, I'm so sorry," he laughed "Don't be, your becoming quite the little jedi, there's something quite sexy about a woman with all the power," I punched his arm "Shhhh you weirdo," we were both in stitches.

"We best go down, get you some blood," he didn't have to tell me twice cause right now I could murder a blood bag or two or three, he chuckled hearing my thoughts.
"You greedy Lil thang" he retorted, I shook my thang right in his face before running down the stairs laughing.