Epilogue

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of Leighton Crow and Gracie Carteri!
Do you Leighton Crow, take Gracie Carteri to be your lawful wedded wife, to love and to hold in sickness and in health, for better for worse as long as you both shall live?"

Leighton looked at me smiling "I do" the vicar turned to look at me, "Do you Gracie Carteri, take Leighton Crow to be your lawful wedded husband, to love and to hold in sickness and health, for better or worse as long as you both shall live?"

I was shaking, every part of my body was like jelly. I looked at Leighton to see the man I fell in love with over 3 years ago, "I do."

The vicar turned to Leighton, "I believe you have prepared a vow/speech?" Leighton nodded, and pulled out a peice of paper from his suit jacket pocket. He looked up at me clearing his throat.

"Gracie I won't start to promise that I can fix all your problems, what I can promise you is you won't face them alone; Gracie I love you, not only for what you are, furthermore for what I am when I'm with you. I feel like everything in my life has led to you.

I was so choked by his words. Leighton touched my face and continued. "My choices, my heartbreaks, my regrets, everything has been worth it because if I had done one thing differently I might never have met you."

He took my hands in his as he slipped on the most precious ring I had ever seen, tears flowed freely, lucky I decided against wearing mascara.

why had he done this? I had no vows prepared! I was looking at him trying to think what to say, I would have to think something up quick everyone was staring at me.

Oh Jesus here goes, I tried to act casual, like I had also digested a dictionary, or two.

"The feeling hit me the moment we made eye contact in class, It was so immediate and powerful, deeper and inexplicably beyond calculation of time and place. You don't describe a feeling like that."

I was flowing words freely like each one was made for him. I was even impressed with myself.

"You also can't replicate it or force it, You just let it flow in and around you, You go where it takes you.
I remember once how I told you I didn't believe in soul mate's, I will never forget your reaction, Shocked and a little hurt that I did not think we were, but as time went by, your love made me believe."

All of a sudden Simone blew her nose, it threw me off I giggled.

"Until today, the day that I told you I loved you, the day that I knew I was going to marry you, that was the best day of my life, so yes! In sickness and in health: I promise to take care of you, even when you've over indulged the night before. For richer or for poorer: I promise not to spend all our money at Pandora."

He chuckled "Just know I love you Leighton Crow" he smiled."I love you too Gracie."

The vicar coughed as I slipped Leighton's ring on his finger, we both looked up at him, he smiled.

"Well with the vows finally over, with the power invested in me it gives me great pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife!" Everyone was cheering we turned to see all our friends and family and we bowed.

"I love you Mrs Crow!" I giggled "I love you Mr Crow!"