ᴴᴱ'ˁ ᴰᴱᴬᴰ

➤ˡᵃᵇʳᶤᶰᵗʰ ~ ʷᵉ ᵃˡˡ ᵏᶰᵉʷ

Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4o-5go4ip5tC6vZvn6oKYaraUJWE5Umc

Clementine had gone to Violet's late at night and stayed with her, but they'd got up early and pretended to go to school - instead, they'd gone to McDonald's, stocking up on more stuff than necessary and eating the feast in the skate park. The wind was icy, but the lust was clear, they had laughed a lot, taken photos of each other, and the energy between them had been particularly harmonious in the last few days.

She had just been enjoying a hot shower to warm up when Violet's mom, who thought the last class today had been canceled, handed her tea in the hallway. Clem got on pretty well with her, she was very attentive and hospitable, just made sure that she was comfortable.

She got dressed and blow-dried her hair when she went back to Violet's room afterward.

When she came in she saw Vi just frozen and her face streaked with tears sitting on her phone. She made no move to look at Clem, so she sat down next to her and checked her phone.

Marlon: I can't reach Clem, is she with you?

Vi: Yeah, she is. What's going on?

Marlon: Louis died this morning.

She froze, and her hand, still clutching the hot mug, cramped. She couldn't believe what she was reading and at first thought, it was a bad joke.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked incredulously.

Violet didn't say anything, she just stared at her hands and didn't know what to say.

Vi: What ??

Marlon: His sister just called me and asked that I let Clem know.

Vi: what happened ?!

Marlon: he threw himself off the bridge over the highway and was probably dead straight away.

The information wasn't reaching her properly, like getting stuck halfway through, solidifying with her version of the reality she wanted so badly to believe: that it wasn't true, that there had to be a mistake, that she was being kidnapped or just dreaming. Anything but that.

Vi: That's not a sick joke, is it ?!

Marlon: No man, I'm fucked up myself ok?!

Vi: and it sure wasn't an accident ?!

Clem stared at the message window, unable to move, her eyes becoming more and more blurred until Marlon finally started typing again.

Marlon: He left a message

She had just laughed, was happy, and had spent the day carefree with Louis yesterday. She had been happy when Louis died. She hadn't thought of him the moment he left. She wasn't there. Her fingers went to Vi's phone.

Vi: This is Clem

Marlon: check your phone.

xxx