ᴮᴿᴼᴼᴷᴸʸᴺ

➤ ᵏᵒᵈᵃᵏ ᵇˡᵃᶜᵏ ~ ᵗʳᵃᶰˢᵖᵒʳᵗᶤᶰ'

Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4o-5go4ip5tC6vZvn6oKYaraUJWE5Umc

Louis Khalil Onfroy introduced himself to everyone only as Louis, on one hand, because Khalil reminded him too much of his father, on the other, it reminded him too much of his old home.

His younger sister was named Makayla Avaline, a French name since their mother was born there. 

Both also had a younger brother named Jahseh Sekani Onfroy. He was about eight years old. 

Only a few people knew that Louis had a second name. Only a few people knew anything about him, not that he was shy or anything - he was just very distant and suspicious of others. 

He liked to blame it on his gut feeling, that he felt people much more than when he saw them. 

And most people - he sensed - only had their own advantage in mind, so it wasn't worth opening up to them. 

Louis and Makayla were relatively new to this school, and an advantage of moving in the middle of the school year was that on the first day after the break, you weren't considered by everyone to be 'the new kids'. 

Instead, you emerged quietly in any phase of the exams, where everyone was busy with their own shit and their heads were anywhere else but in school. 

The bell just rang and Louis shuffled particularly slowly down the halls to the restroom. 

It was the fourth move for him and his sister, and this time it wasn't their mother's fault, who could never stay in one place for longer than a month - they wanted it that way. 

Both begged their Mom to move since Louis got kicked out of his old school in Philadelphia. His sister didn't and couldn't without her big Brother, so they decided to look for an apartment in Brooklyn, New York. 

They had somehow brought them into the almost-finished school year. Although they had a few struggles. 

First of all, Louis needed a degree - without this piece of paper, it was difficult to manage something in this country (well at least that's what Uncle Aaron said). 

He was a smart guy, and was lucky enough to glide through school without much effort: he was almost kept back once, had always been in the middle area with his grades, but had never done his homework and was most of the time only physically present during class. 

Of course, a good education was important - but was what you got offered at school really good for you? When you are eighteen you should slowly start thinking about what you really want to accomplish in life - but the truth was: Louis had no idea. He still felt like he wasn't ready. 

'Something with music' should be enough, he thought. At least that was enough for him to be able to take a direction: first things first, getting away from here, out into the world, a little variety. 

If you thought he was reckless and not too concerned about his future, you haven't met his little sister. 

The only thing she had to say was that something would happen eventually, she could feel it in her guts. 

 And since these two were inseparable by just two years of age difference, Makayla hadn't hesitated a bit when her brother announced that they wanted to move to Brooklyn.