ᴴᴼᵂ ᵂᴼᵁᴸᴰ ʸᴼᵁ ᴰᴼ ᴵᵀ?

➤ ᶰᶤʳᵛᵃᶰᵃ ~ ˡᶤᵗʰᶤᵘᵐ 

➤ ᶰᶤʳᵛᵃᶰᵃ ~ ˡᶤᵗʰᶤᵘᵐ 

Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4o-5go4ip5tC6vZvn6oKYaraUJWE5Umc

Louis slipped his shoes off and padded into the kitchen to look for something to eat. 

Their history teacher had, of course, released them earlier today, as they were used to.

Ms. Grant was his favorite teacher; Louis wasn't exactly the best student at the time, but he felt reasonably valued by her. Yes, she was strict, but she was fair too!

She was the only teacher at this school who gave reasonable instruction, knew what she was talking about, knew the subject, and was concerned about everyone. Most of the time, however, she let them leave earlier because the weather was nice or because she just wanted to smoke in peace. 

When he first saw her enter the classroom, he wasn't sure whether Ms. Grant reminded him of a female black version of Sherlock Homles or a nineteenth-century vampire; she sometimes has these characteristics. 

She also had black humor like no one else, so she could be sure of Louis' sympathy. 

Her clinical and sharp sarcastic jokes were often misunderstood or ignored because they weren't obvious enough for many. On the one hand, there were people who understood her way and appreciate and liked them very much as a teacher and as a type, on the other hand, there were those who ran to the school administration with every comment because they felt bullied by her. 

Sometimes Ms. Grant was half an hour late because she had been too long in a bar the previous night. In addition, she was an enthusiastic smoker of all substances, often talking about it with other students during her smoking breaks; she was definitely using pipes, and that would suit her character, Louis thought. 

''Lou?'', Makayla pulled him out of his thoughts. ''So purely hypothetical... how would you do it?'' She smacked as she slid a banana into her mouth. 

Louis frowned. ''How about you list the simplest options so that I have all of this in mind before I choose.''

''Hang yourself, cut your arteries, throw yourself in front of a train, jump off a roof, inhale gases, overdose, shoot yourself...''

''Okay, okay...'', Louis interrupted his sister. ''I would throw pills.''

Makayla jumps up from the chair and grabbed her jacket. ''What kind of pills? Most sleeping pills now contain a substance that will make you vomit if you swallow too many. Even the ones with a prescription. And harder stuff is not that easy to get.''

Louis took the key from the kitchen table and slipped on his shoes. ''Headshot?''

''If you shoot a little unfortunate, you'll stay alive and be in hella pain. Where do you want to get the gun from anyways?'' Makayla replied.

''We live in Ame rica. And what about cutting your veins open?'' 

''Blood clots faster than you think. Of course, you have to cut lengthways so that it cannot be sewn so easily; then go in a tub full of hot water and throw in a few aspirins beforehand, that will thin your blood - then it should work,'' she laughed. 

Louis shivered at the idea of short brown curly hair floating in blood-red water like seaweed. 

''How would you do it?'', Louis asked his sister, who obviously just wanted to show off that she already thought about it. 

Makayla's eyes lit up as if she had just waited for Louis to ask her: ''The golden shot! Heroin is the most stunning and dangerous drug in the world, so you better keep your hands off it unless you want to die,'' she explained in a weird voice as if she were synchronizing a documentary. 

''In the event of an overdose, you first get high, then lose consciousness, breathing slows down, and finally, it stops.'' She beamed at her brother as if she had found the ultimate answer. 

''You would never dare to do that without first creating a suitable setting plus a whole show,'' grinned Louis, who immediately imagined his sister on a bed surrounded by candles. 

Makayla smiled broadly and ran a hand through her braids. ''You only die once, better I make sure that it's something special.''

She took a last look in the mirror of the smaller hall.

''You have everything?'' 

''Yep!'' Makayla replied, hopping past her brother. 

''What about throwing yourself in front of the train?'' Louis closed the door behind him and dived after Makayla down the stairs. 

''They had to collect the pieces of the friend from Clementine from the train tracks, not my thing,'' said Makayla dryly and Louis swallowed. 

xxx