ᴵᴺᴶᵁˁᵀᴵᶜᴱ | ᴸᴼᵁᴵˁ

➤ᵇᵒᵇᵇʸ ˢᵉˢˢᶤᵒᶰˢ ~ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵃᵗᵉ ᵘ ᵍᶤᵛᵉ

Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4o-5go4ip5tC6vZvn6oKYaraUJWE5Umc

!WARNING: MATURE THEME AKA THIS IS REALITY!

When I was twelve my parents had two conversations with me.

One was the usual, about flowers and bees. Well, not really the usual version, because my mom Kessie is a trained nurse. She explains to me what belongs where and what can't go where, so damn it nowhere until I grow up.

At that time I doubted anything would go anywhere anyway.

The second conversation was about what to do if a cop stopped me.

Momma got upset and said to Dad that I was too young for that.

He countered that I wasn't too young to be arrested or shot either.

"LK, you do whatever they tell you to do,"  he said.

''Hold your hands so that they can be seen. Don't make any sudden movements. Only talk if you are asked something.''

I realized how serious that matter was. Dad had the biggest mouth of all. Cuz when he says, you need to shut yo ass up, you shut yo ass up.

I hope someone had this conversation with Aiden too.

He swears softly, turns Tupac's volume down, and steers the Impala to the side of the road. We are on Carnation, where most of the houses are empty and half the street lamps are broken.

No one was to be seen except us and the patrol car.

Aiden turns off the ignition. "I wonder what this idiot wants."

The policeman also parks and switches on his high beam. I blink because it blinds me.

Then I remember something Dad told me. If you're out with someone else, you can only hope that they won't find anything, otherwise, you'll both be fucked.

"A, you don't have anything in the car, do you?" I ask.

He's watching the cop in the wing mirror. ''Nah.''

The policeman comes to the driver's door and knocks on the window. Aiden winds it down. As if we weren't already blinded enough, he also shines in our faces with his pocket flan.

"Driver's license, registration, and insurance certificate." Aiden breaks a rule - he doesn't do what the cop wants.

''Why did you stop us?''