ᵂᴴᴼ ᴬᴿᴱ ʸᴼᵁ, ᵂᴴᴬᵀ'ˁ ʸᴼᵁᴿ ˁᵀᴼᴿʸ?

➤ ᵈʸˡᵃᶰ ᵇʳᵃᵈʸ ~ ᵖˡᶻ ᵈᵒᶰ'ᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʷʰʸ ᶤ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ʰᵒʷ ᶤ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ᵗʰˣ ☻

Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4o-5go4ip5tC6vZvn6oKYaraUJWE5Umc

''And why exactly is it part of the procedure that we all meet up on this field before going to the club together?''

''The field is simply part of our thing: pre-drinking, we chill a bit, get to know people...'', argues Makayla, while she stumbled through the main train station next to her brother. 

''Just let things have an effect on you.'' She had to persuade the elderly all day to come with her. 

Louis, as is so often the case, avoided elaborate discussions with his sister because it never was worth it anyway, and simply said nothing more than meaningless. For him, the company had always been more of a burden than entertainment, but his sister was totally absorbed in it and loved being the center of attention. 

They went around a corner and a park spread out in front of them. Louis was just getting an overview when five screaming girls had already rushed up to them and fell around Makayla's neck to greet her. 

They were dragged into a small cluster of people who had settled on the grass with a few bottles of alcohol. 

''Isn't that the girl you meant?'' Makayla pointed towards a large tree, where the group of particularly 'cool' scene kids stayed. 

You could recognize them relatively quickly if you paid attention to how the eyes of others adhered to them, or how they let their inappropriateness hang out.

And indeed there was Clementine, in a red skirt just covering her bottom, dancing around some guy while her laugh drowned out that of the other. 

It wasn't the fact in itself, but rather the way she played with her role that Louis didn't like. She was exactly the kind of person he stayed away from, and yet there was something about her that made him hesitate, and it was driving him crazy not to know why this was - usually he could always get an impression of a person very quickly. 

Suddenly their eyes met and a smile played around her lips. 

Just when Louis was about to look away again, she hopped towards him like a gazelle and held out her hand. 

''Clementine.''

''Louis. Seems like we run into each other everywhere.''

 She had some junk with her to drink and her eyelashes jingled against the wind. 

She took a long sip and blinked at him. 

''Do you believe in coincidences?'' She asked teasingly, holding the bottle under his nose. 

He hated alcohol and was pretty sure that Clementine, like most of the others here, drank this burning junk only for one reason: to get drunk, in that state it was easier to endure superficiality and no longer hold on to their masks so conclusively. 

Still, he took the bottle and took a long sip. Lemon taste, carbonation, and harsh alcohol made their way down his throat, and he was sure his body would want to get rid of this poison soon. 

''I've seen you before, on the train in the morning.'' 

Should he be honest and reply that he had never noticed her?

''Where do you usually get on?''

''A stop before you both, 4th Avenue.''

Louis remembered the old house across the street, Makayla's stories, and that he hated small talk. 

She talked, and her lips moved, but Louis couldn't get over how uncomfortable he felt, so he took one sip after the other. Judging by her facial expressions, she didn't seem to expect an answer from him; she just grinned at him, and suddenly he felt that he had been drinking too much and too quickly. 

Parties, whether clubs or open-air, looked fun in movies only because they were portrayed the way drunks perceived them. If you watch the whole thing sober, it was just lame or uncomfortable mostly both.

Strangers who had to loosen up with drugs in order to be able to interact with each other superficially (without shame, but with a lot of physical contact), stood stunned in the area and talked about one trivial garbage. 

 It made him sick.

He had lost sight of Makayla long ago, which was always the case when they were out together. 

His eye caught on her rosy cheeks - was that because of the alcohol? She was so pale at school today.

pov Clementine

He hardly said anything and had already half-emptied my bottle, but that doesn't matter, I can scrounge something from pretty much anyone.

That's actually amazing because nobody here is really my friend, well except Violet and Brody nobody else would like it if they only really knew me, I'm sure of it. 

However, I know the right people on the field and upload the best-edited pictures of me on social media, that alone gives me a certain status. 

To which group he belongs, I still couldn't figure it out, he evades my gaze and looks almost absent. 

I don't usually have much to do to have a guy practically glued to my lips. 

It's almost like he grows a dislike for me and everyone else here, and that annoys me. 

He looks so outrageously good. He is tall and dark-skinned, his dark brown dreads fell perfectly in his face, and his figure was slim, but you could still see some muscles under his sweatshirt, he has a confident walk and appears distant. 

Distant people always have a certain attraction to me, they are a challenge. If someone like that gets involved with you, it's something special. 

His sister is a secret crush on the field and at school for many, both boys and girls. 

Louis, on the other hand, always stays in the background, and somehow that makes me curious. 

Who are you, what's your story?

xx