Zoro x Reader

Legends: Y/N = Your name [Rarely used]
N/n = Nickname

Title: Training
Setting: Ship deck
Time: Mid-day.

You closed your eyes as you hummed, walking past sanji, even when he tried to stop you, already annoyed today.

"Y/n-san!" He whined, and grabbed your arm, gently tugging on it. Sighing softly, you glared at him. He backed off, and handed you a water, "I just wanted to give you a refreshment..." He murmured.

Giving Sanji the softest smile known to man, he fell to the ground, his nose bleeding.

"Typical Sanji." You rolled your eyes, leaving the kitchen.

Zoro uncrossed his arms, "You ready for training?" He asked, seemingly excited, although he masked it with just being tired.

"Well, I'm unsure, I promised Robin that I'd read with her." You said, trying not to laugh Zoro shook his head, and grabbed your hand gently, caressing the top.

"you know I'm bad with words, N/n." He said softly, then simply let you hold him.

Your hands ran throughout his moss-colored hair, knowing he just needed some friendly comfort, although it toyed with your feelings, the way he held you at times, and pressed kisses to your forehead.

Yet he denied he had feelings for you.

It was funny, really. Just seeing a grown man fuss over liking a girl- it was something you didn't see everyday, that's for sure.

....

You and Zoro were training, your swords clashing together as you fought. The two of you gracefully strided along the going-mary.

(Because we need the going mary in our lives rn.)

Luffy walked out, interested in the fight you two were having right now. "Shishishishi! Zoro and N/n are fighting again!" He called, to which everyone slowly came out, standing on the top deck, near the kitchen.

Robin and Nami both cheered you on, leaving Zoro unbelievably annoyed.

Noticing the change in his mood, you laughed, and shook your head gently, easily blocking his rage filled attacks, they clearly weren't thought through.

You hit his chest with the butt of your sword.

He stared in disbelief, and growled, aggresively shoving you back.

You frowned, "Zoro, you're acting like a child." You said softly, everyone stared, unsure of what would happen next.

"Who cares?! If i can't best you, then i surely can't best Mihawk..I'll never be the world's greatest swordsman."

Nami and Robin knew how apathetic you could be, they didn't think this would turn out too pretty, not gonna lie.

Grabbing his chin, you forced him to look into your eyes, "How do you think i got this far, Zoro, i am a simple woman, who happens to bare a devil-fruit, that's all i am." You shook your head.

"I may be better, but one day, you shall surpass. Keep trying." You murmured, "i believe in you, isn't that enough to keep going?

Zoro stared, his expression a mix of anger, sadness, and...compassion? He stood, nodding. "It's...more than enough, actually." He said, and cupped your cheeks.

"You're more than enough." He slowly pressed his lips against yours, he was inexperienced, his lips were chapped, and he didn't really move his lips with yours.

All in all, you loved it.

Slowly wrapping your arms around his waist, you pulled him closer, while he just set his arms on your shoulders. His cheeks were a bright red, Embarrassed that he was being treated like you were supposed to be.

I guess you both really didn't know too much about love, or emotions.

They were bothersome, really, always getting in the way.

Zoro understood more than you though, he was amazing at those things, unlike you.

Pulling away, you smiled softly at Zoro, who crashed his forehead against yours, pressing himself up against you, you returning the favor. For the first time, you let his arms encase around your slightly smaller form, rubbing along his chest as he hugged you.

"thank you, for this training session."

"No problem, Moss-head."

"really?"

"I couldn't resist!"

A new sound blessed the ships ears...your laughter, for the first time, you let the wonderful noise escape your lips, for all of the grand line to hear.

That training session was interesting, indeed.