Luffy x Dying!Reader

[ thank you kassyloveyou for this fun, but sad request.]

Blood. Sweat. Tears.

They all had one thing in common right now.

The blood, the sweat, and the tears dribbled down your face, and onto the ground.

You stood your ground, even if your clothes were doused in blood, and you felt as if collapsing was the only option.

"I'll kill you for hurting my captain and his brother!" You yelled.

Akainu was standing there, blood of his own trickling down his face.

You were stronger than he thought. Smart too.

The two of you stood your ground, gentle pants leaving one's lips, while the other heaved in pain.

"Tar..Tar.. TSUNAMI!" You yelled, tar seeping up from the ground.

Akainu prepared himself, but not for what you had in mind.

You ran to him, grabbing his feet and slamming him into the ground.

He looked down at you, and tried kicking you off, but a grin surfaced from all the pain you had faced.

"I win."

Tar engulfed Akainu, he reacted by holding onto you roughly, his magma burning your arms as you suffocated him.

You turned into a sloppy, tar mess, and slithered out, turning back into yourself.

You layed out in the floor, panting as you looked up at the sky, smiling.

You heard loud footsteps, getting closer and closer. Your eyes closed, exhausted.

Being picked up, you slowly opened your eyes, seeing luffy, your captain.

"Luffy-" you smiled, and wrapped your arms around his neck, your face burrying into his shoulder.

He didnt respond whatsoever, his face explained enough of what he was feeling at the moment. His tears. Those made you confused. Why was he crying for someone like you? Someone who supposedly meant alot to him. To everyone. To be honest- you didnt really see it. 

Yet here you were, smiling and laughing as blood seeped out of your fatal wounds. By the look of it , you should've been dead. Anyone would have been dead at this point.

"You shouldnt have done that." Someone else spoke, Zoro.

You didnt hear him, you wanted to hear Luffy say 'thank you' or 'good job!'

it didnt happen.

Luffy had taken you to chopper, begging the reindeer to do anything he could to help his nakama

So, here you were, sitting in a bed as chopper treated the harsh burns and melted skin, asking what happened. Brook was playing you some music, his laughter making you smile through your sorrow.  Your face morphed into a disgruntled expression as chopper pressed a cotton ball that had absorbed alcohol onto your wounds, just to disinfect the wounds you have.

The proud smile on your face never ceased, even through the pain.

....

Three days to live.

Thats what Chopper had diagnosed you with.

Everyone was distraught as they heard the news, and yet, they saw your smile, and couldn't help but laugh as the tears cascaded down their cheeks, and onto the wooden  floor of the sunny.

Luffy hadnt spoken to you at all, so when he came in, hope flashed across your eyes.

His tears fell onto your chest as he jumped onto you, hugging you like he was loosing you forever. He thought that anyways.

"Luffy." You hummed, running your fingers through his black tufts of hair, undoing any small knots in the process. "What...?" He asked softly, trying not to bawl his eyes out anymore.

"itll be okay, i did this for you, for ace, for all of us." You began, tears pricking the corner of your eyes like needles, nose burning just a tad.

"Listen, i love you Luffy, so much. The last two years with you guys have been the greatest ive ever lived. I really wish i wasnt so stupid, maybe i couldve had a lifetime with you, seen you become king of the pirates. Its a nice thought, but it isnt meant to be. We arent meant to be, but even so, i want to spend the rest of my life with you luffy, really." You laughed, tears began flowing, from the two of you.

Luffy was squeezing you to death, loosing another one of his nakama wasnt something he thought would really happen, especially you.

"Luffy.."

He Immediately looked up at you.

"Can i spend the rest of my life with you?"

He slowly nodded, and nuzzled into the crook of your neck, crying as hard as he could.

....

The next three days whizzed past you, and before you knew it, you layed in bed, tired, hungry yet you didnt want to eat, and thirsty, yet you didnt want to drink.

Luffy was laying in bed with you, almost crying as you cuddled up against him.

All the strawhats were there, and Law tagged along too, his face sadder than usual.

Franky was sobbing. You were his little buddy, helping him with inventions, and getting close enough to where he began to look up to you...too bad he could only look down now.

You pressed a kiss to Luffy's cheek, and grinned over with that proud smile of yours.

"Hey! We all have to look towards the future, right? We have to stare towards the future, and never look back!" Even if you were dying, you still had the same spunk you always had.

"I want you guys to smile when you remember me and all the stupid shit we did together, all the things we shared and experienced. Dont you DARE cry when you see something that reminds you of me, just laugh, and look at your bracelets, because ill always be there to shine and guide you to your dreams!" You laughed loudly, and began to cough, blood getting on your palm.

"and Luffy...I love you, not as a friend, but as a lover, and im glad i got to experience life with you and everyone else here right now." You hummed.

Everyone smiled and began to laugh, tears slipping down their cheeks as you leaned back, closing your eyes happily.

"I love my nakama." You whispered, a single tear shedding as death bestowed upon you.

You still smiled.

.....

After your death the crew had moved on as you wanted.

Your devil fruit had gone back into the world, finding the perfect place for its power.

Luffy walked along the ships deck, snatching a random tangerine from the tree without thought.

he went to take a bite, but it wasnt a tangerine.

it was a devil fruit.

"NAMI!!' Luffy yelled, his jaw almost hitting the floor in awe.

Annoyed, Nami came down.

"just what are you yelling ab-" Her eyes widened upon seeing the devilfruit in his hand. It wasnt just any devilfruit. It was your old fruit. The Tar-Tar fruit.

She snatched it from luffy's hand, a small smile on her face as she shed a tear. Even the devilfruit came here. You really didnt leave them at all, did you?

No, you were still there, just as you said.

[I genuinely loved writing this, its fun to experement. It included more than luffy, but still mainly focused on him, which its always fun to include everyone! again thank you for the request Kassy!!!!!]