Paulie x Reader

Title: Modesty.
Setting: Water 07
Time: Midday

You and Lucci were lifting heavy piles of wood, mostly because the two of you were the main people who could even handle doing so.

Lucci looked you up and down, and the bird began to shout. "Why don't you go change? Its humid and almost 105 degrees Y/n!"

You wiped the sweat from your forehead, and ruffled your short hair, grinning at Lucci, "because, you know how Paulie is." You hummed, "and honestly, I don't like my legs anywho."

The bird cawed in surprise, and Lucci gave you a surprised look.

"So, you listen to the idiots opinion? He's just a pervert!" The bird explained.

You thought for a moment, "well...I guess putting on something cooler couldn't hurt, ill be right back!" You gave Lucci a thumbs up, and ran off.

...

You came back with just plain stretchy shorts, that hugged your rear, jeans weren't the best for chaffing. Chaffing hurt like a bitch.

A tank top hugged around your waist, and your breasts became more prominent, not that you put it on for that reason. It was almost hot enough to cook an egg on the sidewalk for christ sake!

Lucci nodded, and gave you a thumbs up while the bird saluted and squawked at you.

You smiled, "lets continue then."

Lucci gave you a small thumbs up, and a smile. Which was shocking, to say the least.

The two of you were carrying the wood over, and most were looking, as you were always decked in overalls and a t-shirt, but now it was clothing that better fit the damn weather.

You set the wood infront of Paulie, and saluted, seeing a girl with orange hair with them.

"Oh, whos this?" You grinned, and walked over, placing a hand on Paulie's shoulder.

The girl smiled and waved, "im nami! Its nice to meet you." She grinned.

"Heya nami! I'm Y/n, another shipwright here with the others. Around here, you'll find some gross ass man who are willing to patch up any ship in the best way!" You laughed.

Paulie finally got a good look at you, and held his nose, "Y/n! I've never had this problem with you."

"Paulie I was dying! Could've had a damn heat stroke, so just look and leave me be!" You exclaimed.

You the turned to nami, flowers around you as you gave her a happy smile, "anyway, whats going on?"

Nami sweatdropped, but began telling you about the ship, while the famous "strawhat" was checking out your muscles.

"Woahhh.." he awed, "I need you on my crew!" He laughed, his eyes sparkling.

"Sorry, no can do kid, I've got a life here in Water 07, and I can't really just leave my family behind, you understand?"

"Y/N, you have no family." Paulie sweatdropped, and shook his head.

You bapped him upside the head, knocking him to the ground, "its the shipwrights dumbass!" You yelled, and saw iceberg approaching with cauliflower.

You despised that damn woman.

Glaring at her, you drowned out the conversation, and looked at Paulie, "so, I uh, need to talk to you." You said, rubbing the back of your head.

Paulie looked over at you, "yeah?" He asked, and lightly grabbed your hand.

"Yohoooo you should totally fu-"

"Do not." Paulie facepalmed.

"Damn. Okay."

"Y/N don't even start."

"God you're so rude."

"Oh shut it, bitch."

"B I T C H?"

[577 words, kinda a crack fic at the end though lol]