Portgas D. Ace x Reader

Title: Are You Okay?
Setting: The Moby Dick
Time: Evening

Sitting on the edge of the deck, you sighed, the air flowing through your hair as you conversed with Whitebeard, or Edward. You called him whatever you wanted to really.

"I've noticed Ace hasn't really been feeling all that well." You murmured, and leaned against whitebeard's shoulder, only because you were on the railing.

He nodded, "He's been passing out more than usual."

"I bet he's stressed." You replied.

"Maybe you should ask him about it, he only listens to you really. In terms of opening up of course."

It wasn't the first time Edward had asked you to check up on Ace, infact it had been quite a lot.

You hoped off the railing, and began walking down, "Well, catch you later pops." You said calmly, and gave him a sweet smile before walking over to Ace.

"Portgas." You whispered in his ear, wrapping your arms around his waist.

You layed your head right on his bare back, just relaxing on the tattoo.

He was tense for a moment, but relaxed, "Hey, what's with the hugs?" He asked, and turned around, laying his arms on your shoulders.

You looked up at him, "Are you okay?" You asked softly, so only he could hear you.

His face dropped from his usually calm expression, and he just pulled you to somewhere more private.

"How obvious is it?" He asked, and crossed his arms, sighing.

"It's- too obvious." You said softly, your hands reaching up to pull his hat off.

You set it on yourself, and let your lips curl up into a smile.

"You know i care for you, Ace, and you know that I'm always open to conversation." You nodded, and reached up to mess with his black locks.

He wrapped his arms around your waist, and picked you up, moving his hands to support your weight, which wasn't much to him.

You smiled, and wrapped your legs around his waist, still messing with his hair.

"I just- worry, that's all." He murmured, nuzzling into your neck.

"Well, i think we need to sleep a bit more at night, and not pass out and fall overboard." You sighed, "It scared me, and it's not like i could jump in to save you Ace, i was genuinely worried."

He felt ridiculously bad, and nuzzled into your neck some more, "I'm sorry, i just don't want anything bad to happen to Luffy, and you. I'm always up at night, just thinking about all the posible things that could kill you, and if my brother just won't see me ever again, be lost at sea."

You smiled, and cupped his cheeks, "well, i believe- that I'm strong, and can hold myself. Luffy is way stronger too, he's not just some kid anymore, you have to understand that he can hold his own...and that crew of his, is the best crew I've ever seen, they're so different, but their dreams hold them together."  You reassured him.

He just smiled, "you always know just what to say..."

"Of course I do, I love you!" You exclaimed, then calmed down, your cheeks on fire.

Ace began to laugh, "love me? How?" He asked, shaking his head.

"Ace!" You slapped his head, and glared, "Because you're everything that i love...it's just...you, your perfection."

The two of you began to grin, and you pressed you're foreheads together.

Slowly, you pressed a kiss to his lips, and he held you close. Your lips moved in perfect sync as he swayed around softly with you in his arms.

You began to tangle your hands through his hair, running said hands through his raven locks, and curling them through your fingers.

The soft smile never left your face as you pulled away, Ace was a blushing mess as he hid his face, a nervous smile plastered on.

You giggled,"C'mon, carry me back up."

Ace carried you back up on deck, and you smiled, waving at Marco, just because Ace was a blushing mess.

Marco waved back, smiling knowingly towards the two of you.

Whitebeard himself- was Simply standing where he was before.

You hugged Ace's head close to your chest, and made a bunch of happy little noises.

Ace laughed, and kept you close, making sure you were comfortable.