Shanks x Reader

[he has an arm prosthetic thanks to you.]

"That Weird Kind of Love"

Laughter broke through the crew as they watched their captain's expressionless girlfriend begin to stress out about their anniversary.

You looked at Benn with a blank expression, though he knew you were upset.

"Ben..I can't believe I forgot to get him that skunk plushie...you know he loves cute skunks." You sighed, and crossed your arms. "I wanna go back."

Shanks was listening in from the captain's deck, shaking his head as his lover stressed over such little things.

You placed a hand on your forehead, although your expression never changed. It was a thing you'd always done. You'd never shown anything other than your resting bitch face, to be honest.

Even Shanks hasn't seen you smile.

As you distracted yourself with the unnecessary, Shanks had creeped up behind you, arms snaking around your waist as his head settled on your shoulder.

"Whats this about a skunk?"

You looked back at him with the best shocked face you could manage...which was a slight widening of the eyes.

"Shanks..you didn't hear anything." You whispered, almost playfully.

This got shanks excited, looking like a dog with his tail swishing from side to side.

Your mouth twitched ever so slightly, earning a gasp from the crew. This was a celebratory experience for them all.

Shanks jumped into your arms, grinning as he roughly pressed his lips against yours.

This was perfect.

-Day of your anniversary, one year.-

You opened your eyes, that familiar frown on your face as you looked over to see your lovely boyfriend sleeping the day away. You let yourself smile, running your fingers through his hair. You didn't mean to be angsty or sad-looking all the time, it was just how you coped.

He turned over to look up at you, his eyes widening as he witnessed the smile on your face. "You.. smiled?" He asked, slowly starting to grin as you quickly flushed and backed away, you feared for what came next.

"Uhm, yeah?" You nervously replied, not stuttering because- who really stutters?

"That's..amazing." He whispered as he suddenly appeared infront of your face. "I didn't think you enjoyed my company."

Your eyes widened, "what? Of course i do!"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "I just thought that you were sad all the time."

"I mean, I'm not sad- I'm just struggling. It's only been a couple years since I joined." You sighed, and layed your head on his. "Since you helped me escape the celestial dragons."

"Hm, you're right, Im just glad that you can smile around me now. It's the perfect present." He said, and turned to put on his arm, hearing your feet hit the floor as you began to strip.

"Its not my present, actually, I have one that I think you'll love to have sitting in here." You paused, and turned to look at him, "its not skunk related."

He audibly huffed, shaking his head as you let out the lightest giggle. "Hmmm..I love you." You said, and quickly turned to throw on a red/black/white sundress.

His heart exploded, eyes wide as he scrambled for his words. "I uh, I love you too!" He laughed, and stood up to wrap an arm around your waist, placing scruffy beard kisses against your cheek.

"Well, thank the gods for that." You said, and turned to place your elbows on his shoulders, giving him one of the sweetest smiles you could muster.

"I just.. can't express how much I feel for you." You whispered, and pressed your lips gently against his.

His eyes closed, deepening the kiss in a loving manner.

It seemed like hours before the two of you pulled away, content in the others presence. Your eyes met his, speaking more than you ever could muster.

"We stopped at an island.... why? I could never guess." Shanks cackled in an idiotic manner, picking you up with one arm as he ran out into the warm, clear air.

Benn couldn't believe his ears as you shrieked, silently giggling as he spun you about. The happiness that you expressed was nothing you'd ever shown before, and everyone was living for it.

Your eyes, mellow and mundane, were filled with the brightest of color; showing just how happy you were.

Shanks set you down next to benn, who nodded at you approvingly.

Today was the day you became their gremlin of the group, even more so than Shanks.

You jumped up on Benn, setting on his shoulders as you looked around at the crew.

"I have an announcement." You began, "so one, two, three; eyes on me!"

Benn played along, placing his hands on your shins to prevent you from falling. The others looked around until their eyes set upon you.

"I've been traveling with you all for two years, and it's been an amazing journey." You began, "im finally starting to feel okay after Shanks broke down my shield." Everyone laughed and looked at their captain.

He bowed before you continued.

"I've gotta say, I was down deep, depressed. I didn't think I'd get over these past instances, and shut myself away because of it." You flushed as everyone frowned at you, they cared.

"I really want to be apart of this crew forever, maybe even start a family with your captain one day." You mumbled, looking away from the redhead.

He was staring at you with stars in his eyes, probabaly thinking of baby-making.... ugh. men.

"I was just wondering if.. you guys wanted that." You smiled, and placed your head on papa Benn's head.

Everyone cheered and laughed, "of course, Y/n-Sama!"

You couldn't help but smile, tears threatening to spill as you took your time getting off of benn.

You started to hug him, then lucky Roux, then yassop, and so on.

Once you finished, you looked at Shanks, "uh, so..?"

He scooped you up into a back breaking hug, smothering you in his love and affection. The scruffy beard made you giggle, earning an 'awww' from the...more so 'family member' crew members, not the rookies.

Shanks placed you on his shoulders before looking at the other members of his crew. "Lets go have fun."

This weird kind of..scruffy beard love, was something you'd die for.

[Omg, a post?]