Chapter 9

Note: I did a bad job of the construction of this chapter guys. 'M sorry!🤧

"No, I won't allow it! Never! You don't even know how to use a gun. That's suicide bear-squirrel!" Soojun shouted, completely shutting off the idea.

Rolling his eyes, Beomhyun crossed his arms and says. "Just so you know I punched Woosan straight to the wall when I first came here."

"That doesn't change anything!" Soojun countered. "Woo was caught off guard when you woke up. The mafia world is much more dangerous than you think it is bear-squirrel. And besides, you don't even know who Senator Shin Jimin is!" the ravenette stated.

"Well actually, Miss Shin is one of the infamous major drug queens in Seoul and she's on the run ever since two years ago. The police are on her tail now and they said over the news that they will definitely catch her this time. Apparently they've been saying that infamous catch her this time line ever since then. And it makes sense that they'll ask for your help to save face," Beomhyun said nonchalantly.

The ravenette gave him a shook expression. "How do you know that!"

Beomhyun sighed, "It's quite the simple put two and two together kind of situation. And who wouldn't know Senator Shin? She's one of the most hated senators in the congress."

"Okay so you know who Ms. Jimin is and you know that she's basically wanted, but capturing her is a dangerous mission! She's got skilled illegal criminals on her side and I'm not letting you get hurt bear-squirrel." Soojun reasoned, worry was evident in his eyes.

"But–

"Soojun's right Beomhyun-ah. Capturing one of the most wanted get-aways from the country is a dangerous term. Only god knows what she has on her sleeves," Yeonjun interjected.

"I say it's a good idea," a voice says.

Snapping their heads to where the voice came from. They were greeted with Beomgyu's cold and emotionless face, the latter was leaning against the doorframe.

"Gyu what are you talking about?! Beomhyun doesn't even know how to  use a gun!" Yeonjun bellowed.

"Then let's place him in the defense team. Problem solved," the older says nonchalantly. "And besides, he did say he wanted to repay our hospitality. So why not give him the chance?"

'Wow, this guy really hates me does he?' Beomhyun thought bitterly.

But then again, Beomhyun did say that in one way or another.

"But Sir Gyu, It's my mission! I can take care of it myself. Beomhyun doesn't need to do this! Besides, he's not even part of the org." Soojun interjected, caring less that he yelled at their leader.

Beomgyu averted his gaze to the young ravenette. "This is no longer your mission Soojun, Kang Beomhyun will be on the mission on your behalf. And you will not leave this bed until you are fully recovered. Understood?"

"But I—

"He gets it, sir." Beomhyun interjected. Turning his gaze to Beomgyu. "I'll be his substitute."

And Beomhyun swears he saw the mafia boss flinch as he looked at his eyes. The young brunette mentally frowned.

'What the heck?'

"Bear-squirrel what the—"

"Good, you better find someone who can teach you how to use a gun today." Beomgyu said, spinning around to exit the room. But before that, he looked over his shoulder, gaze lingering on his oddly brunette look-a-like.

He flashed him a glare.

"And I don't want a single complain coming from you on the mission," he growled before exciting the room.

+×+

As Beomgyu walked down the empty hallway to his office. He came into a halt, he looked over to his right, seeing the busy sight of Seoul.

He also saw his reflection, but it later on morphed into a familliar face.

His beautiful smile, his giggle, his eyes that somehow held all the stars of the universe.

His voice

"Gyu..."

The latter let out an angered scream and punched the glass window. His shoulders going up and down as he panted, blood oozing from his knuckles. Beomgyu retreated his fist, revealing the once clear glass window that now has an ugly crack, along with the stains of blood.

Glaring at the now wrecked window, he whispers lowly.

"Curse you Kang Taehyun."

_____________________________________________

Short chapter sorry bout that!

But I hope you liked it tho:)

And thank you for the 1k reads y'all! Though I know I already gave my thanks in my wallboard but still!

Thank you so much you guys!❤️💜

-Ria