Chapter 71

Note: Sometimes, some problems can't be solved overnight...

-

Silence.

No word were heard, no sentence were spoken. The phone call with Moh-wa was no more, and all Beomgyu did was stare at his son who was only five meters away from him.

The truth was out, and in the most unexpected way possible.

Although it was bound to happen, since it was long overdue.

And all those mixed feelings Beomhyun had pent-up towards Beomgyu, all the unanswered questions and the disappointments— were finally let loose. And everything Taehyun had reminded him, that if there was a chance that Beomhyun could ever meet his father. Was to keep in mind that it wasn't entirely his fault, was completely forgotten.

And was completely replaced with the jumbled emotions of a young teen who yearned for a complete family.

"Beomhyun I—"

"Is that why you wanted me executed when you saw me?" Beomhyun asked  as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Was that why you hated me? Glared at me, sneered at me and wanted me out of your sight?!" Beomhyun went on, tears rolling down his cheeks as he continued.

"Because I was your son?!"

"No! Byun listen I—" Beomgyu tried to explain, but his son was too emotionally unstable and kept on going.

And Beomhyun cared less about listening to him, the young boy was too overwhelmed by the wave of anger, confusion, and overall sadness that were knotting his heart and mind.

"Was I that much of an embarrassment to you?" Beomhyun questions, his voice shaky as his vision was covered with tears.

"Was I that much of a disgrace that even you couldn't even look at me in the eye?!"

Every word Beomhyun had said pierced Beomgyu, but the last question tore him apart.

"Am I really that disgusting to look at—"

"BEOMHYUN!" Beomgyu shouted.

"NO!" the young boy countered as he sobbed.

"Tell me sir!" he shouts, his heart felt like being crushed as tears continued to stream down his cheeks. "Did you really care about me?!"

"Or were you just pretending like you always do!"

The older male went silent, gulping, Beomgyu answers.

"I do care about you, I really do."

And then there was silent. Beomhyun didn't utter another word, his appearance was a mess. His eyes were puffy, his cheeks had tear stains, and silent sniffles could be heard from him as well.

Letting out a sigh, Beomgyu took in a lot of courage to stare at the young boy directly. He swallowed a lump on his throat.

"Actually I just found out two weeks ago," Beomgyu said truthfully.

"Then why didn't you—"

"Because I was afraid!" Beomgyu snaps. "I was scared of how you'll react, what you'll think of me being your father!"

The young boy remind silent.

"I wasn't there for your papa when he gave birth to you," he starts. "I wasn't there when you first opened your eyes to see the world. I was missing on your very first birthday, the day when you said your first word. The day you took your first ever step, your first christmas, your first ever new year. Fuck even your first ever day of school. I didn't get the chance to sing you a song, or even read you a bedtime story before you go to sleep and..." Beomgyu trailed off as he could feel tears forming at the corner of his eyes.