Chapter 21

"Um, does Mrs. Chae-rin live here?" Soojun asks.

"I'm Mrs. Chae-rin, is there anything I can do for you dear?" the woman, who goes by Im Chae-ri, asked the young handsome lad before her.

"Oh uh..." Soojun rubbed his nape as he found himself in a mental dilemma as he looked everywhere except for the woman in front of him.

"Good morning ahjumma, umm... I was wondering if I could ask you some questions... about a certain friend of mine," Soojun says awkwardly.

"Oh! Of course, come in, come in," Chae-ri chirped, stepping aside the door to let Soojun in. She then gestures the young man to follow her to the living room.

"Just sit here while I get us something to drink," Chae-rin said.

"But—

"I insist dear, you look like you've gone a long way just to get here. So just sit down and I'll get us some treats," the woman insisted before disappearing to the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Chae-rin emerged from the kitchen. Carrying a try of hot tea and a glass of orange juice and two plates of what seems to be a slice of mint chocolate cake.

Ah, shit.

Soojun's gonna have a hard time resisting that.

"I hope you like mint chocolate cake," she says placing the try down on the coffee table. "I made it myself," and she hands Soojun a plate that had a slice of the said cake.

"It's my specialty," she winks playfully at him.

Soojun gave her a grateful smile before taking a bite of the cake.

"So dear, what are you here for? Surely you aren't from here nor from Busan, since BH is a fairly small subdivision." She told him, bringing her cup of tea to her lips.

"Oh, well I was wondering if you know Kang Beomhyun?"

Chae-rin lowered her cup and her eyes lit up. "Kang Beomhyun? Why yes, who wouldn't know that sweetheart of a boy? He used to help me with my flowers every saturday. Such a good young kid he is. Why do you ask? Are you his boyfriend?"

The word boyfriend was quick to make the raven male's ears go red as he shook his head vigorously. "Oh no, no ma'am I am not his boyfriend." he chuckled.

"You see Ahjumma, we met at a school contest and that's where we became friends." Soojun lied through his teeth.

"Ah, I see. Hyunnie does love to enter contest and such," Mrs. Chae-rin says. "I remember his father getting all hyped up when Hyunnie told him he got accepted to play volleyball in the nationals," she chuckled.

Soojun's eyes then lit up. "Then, you know his dad? Do you know where he is?"

"Oh, you mean Taehyun? I'm afraid not, ever since his son disappeared the young man had been devastated and isolated himself from everyone. He started going out late at night and almost never comes out during the day. Others including me tried talking to him but he shut everyone out. Until three weeks later he disappeared aswell." Chae-rin says, sighing as she brought her cup to her lips.

"Poor young man."

"Where do you think Mr. Taehyun is now?" Soojun asked her.

"Honestly young man, I don't know," she sighs. "He maybe looking all over  Busan for Beomhyun, or maybe even all over South Korea."

Then the ravenette remembered what Byun had told him.

'I'm the only family he has left hyung. And he's the only one I have.'