Chapter 52

Soojun couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I was right," he mutters, the boy was hiding behind the wall outside Beomgyu's office. He was on the edge on the blacony since he thought it was a good idea to sneak in ninja style.

But his plan to sneak in turned into nothing when he overheard the adults' conversation.

Hearing his auntie Moh-wa scream at the boss about what had happened sixteen years ago, to his appas and Uncle Kai promising that they'll keep the truth in the office until his Uncle Gyu tells everyone himself.

"Woah, everything's messed up." Soojun whispers, slowly taking a seat on the hidden part of the balcony.

'So uncle Taehyun ran away because he was scared not only from uncle Gyu's enemies. But his enemies aswell?'

He remembered his aunt saying about a gang called dalbich jegug.

'Could it be that uncle Taehyun was a possible leader of the said gang?' Soojun thought, but soon shook his head.

'No, 'cause auntie Moh-wa was saying about uncle Taehyun being the former Seoul feared killer. Wait...'

"Was she refering him to the night flower?" he whispers.

Growing up, Soojun would hear tales about Seoul's notorious killer of the night. Every time Seokjoon and the others would invite Soojun and the gang for a sleepover when they were little. And of course Yoonji would be the first one to tell them the tale.

Along with that scary poem.

"Hair red as blood, eyes avoid of love. Knife in its hands, fear is his veil. Beauty is his seduction, death will be thy redemption. Beware as the sun fades from sight, or you will see the flower of the moonless night."

As a kid it was natural of him to get scared. Especially when Yoonji used a very creepy voice and a made a scary face with that flashlight which managed to keep Soojun and the others all night.

But even as a seventeen year-old, the poem still sends shivers down Soojun's spine whenever he remembers it.

"Yoonji-Noona was right," he mutters. "The night flower is real, and he's Kang Taehyun..."

'Who happens to be Byun's dad!' he shouts in his subconsciousness.

"Oh shit," Soojun cussed.

"OH SHET!"

Soojun snapped his head to where he heard the cuss which revealed none other than Toto who was tilting his head at the raven boy along with blinking at him.

"Toto shush it!" Soojun hissed.

"TOto SHUsh It!" the parrot copied him.

"No Toto—sshh!" Soojun hushed.

"SssHhhh!" Toto repeats.

"Toto I swear—"

"Toto?" Yeonjun's voice echoed from the inside.

Soojun's eyes widen, "Oh no."

"Wraaak Choi Soojun wrraaak!" the parrot says.

The raven haired male glared at the bird, he was about to grab Toto when Soojun unfortunately slipped and fell of the balcony. Landing on the big bush bellow him.

"Fuck," Soojun hissed. "Toto you stupid bird."

"Toto? What's wrong?"

Soojun snapped his head to the balcony to see his Appa-Jun walking towards the directiin where Toto was.

Who was looking straight at him!

"Shit!" Soojun quickly hoisted himself out from the bush and hid under the balcony.

Under the balcony Soojun could hear Toto squaking his name and his dad's voice being all confused to why the parrot was squaking his name over and over again.

"Choi Soojun, Choi Soojun wrraaak!"

'Toto you little traitor,' Soojun thought.

"Toto what're you talking about? Soojun's isn't here," Yeonjun says. "It's just a bush, see?" he adds, gesturing at the big bush bellow.

"Choi Soojun wraaak!" Toto squaks again before flapping his wings and flew away.

Yeonjun sighs, "Honestly, what's wrong with that bird?" he utters before walkinf back inside and closed the balcony door.

Once Soojun head the door closing, he took it as a sign to run back to the mansion.

After a five minute run, the young boy was now in front of his house. Panting as he bent down to catch his breath.

"Phew, that was a close one," he pants, wiping the sweat on his forehead.

Once he regained composure, Soojun stood straight before walking inside the mansion and took a beeline to his room. He was about to go inside when he noticed the door to Beomhyun's room was open.

There he saw a glimpse of the brunette trying to—fall off the balcony?

Out of instinct, Soojun dashed towards the younger and quickly grabbed his wrist, whilst his other was wrapped around Byun's waist. Earning a startled yelp from the younger boy.

"Soojun-hyung?!" the boy exclaims.

"Were planning on killing yourself?!" Soojun outbursted, his eyes filled with worry and disappointment.

Beomhyun gave him a 'huh?' look. "What? Why would I do that?! I'm too handsome to die!"

"Then why're you trying to fall off the balcony?!"

Beomhyun furrowed his brows. "What the heck are you talking about?! I was trying to sit on the balcony, not fall off it!"

Soojun gave him a skeptical look. "And why should I believe that you weren't planning on killing yourself?"

Beomhyun scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Well if you don't believe me then why don't you join me with my moon watching?" he suggests.

"And can you let go of me?" Byun adds, gesturing at Soojun's hands.

"O-Oh... sorry 'bout that," Soojun says, letting go of the young boy.

The raven head watched as Beomhyun sat on the flat concrete rails of the balcony. The younger looked over at him and pats the space beside him, which Soojun immediately occupied.

"So, why're you still awake? Did you have that nightmare again?" Soojun asked, eyes on Beomhyun.

The young boy shook his head, "No, I just had a dream about meeting my dad."

"Kang Taehyun?" Soojun asks.

Beomhyun shook his head. "No, the other one. The one I haven't met."

'So it was uncle Gyu,' Soojun thought.

"Oh, i-is it okay if I ask what it was about?" Soojun asked shakily.

"Hm? Oh, sure. I was in a strange meadow, along with a big tree on top of a hill. I remember a man walking towards me, his face was blurred, but I can tell he had tears rolling down his face. And then he hugged me." Beomhyun tells him.

Soojun's eyes widen. "He... hugged you?"

"Yeah," Beomhyun whispered.

The raven male swallowed hard. "What happened after that?"

"He said he was sorry," Beomhyun utters, looking straight into Soojun's eyes.

"So sorry."

_____________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)

-Ria