Chapter 53

The headlights of a car flashed off along with its engine. The car was currently on a meadow, in front of a huge oak tree that was on top of a hill.

Beomgyu got out of his car and began walking towards the hill. Once he had reached the tree, the older male sat on its bark. Staring at the stars that shone above him.

He was troubled, the latter came here in hopes of a breather to somehow comprehend what Moh-wa had said an hour ago. But it turned out to be more suffocating than he ever thought.

Especially when this very place was where he and Taehyun would go to just to watch the sunrise. Along with a promise that they'll share it to their future family if ever.

'Family, huh?' Beomgyu thought.

And just then, Moh-wa's voice surged into his head.

"How can you say that..."

"Beomhyun's your son, Beomgyu!"

"He didn't asked to be born in this kind of situation!"

"And yet you have the audacity to call him a mistake..."

Mistake, it sounded so bitter, yet familiar at the same time.

Something Beomgyu's father would say all the time.

"Shut up, you're a mistake Beomgyu!"

The older male let out a disbelieving chuckle. "After all these years of trying not to be like him, I'm slowly morphing into his shadow."

How ironic.

Years of promising to himself that he'll never call his child a mistake.

Years of promising that if he'll ever have a child, Beomgyu would tell them how much he loves them. Read them stories, sing them a song with his guitar. Kiss their foreheads whenever he gets the chance. Play every game they want to play, be there for them in every important event in their life. Watch them blow their candles in every birthday. Protect his child from anything that tries to harm them. And watch them grow up into adults.

Beomgyu wanted to do everything his father lacked to do when he was a kid.

But now look; he missed sixteen years worth of birthdays. Forehead kisses, Beomhyun's first moments, christmas, new years, and sixteen years worth of I love yous.

Everything he promised he'd do.

Was wasted sixteen years ago.

Tears slowly began to roll down his cheeks as Beomgyu looked at the stars.

"I messed up," he whispered as a sob resonated from his mouth.

Everything the older male promised to himself, the promise he carved into his mind that he would never be like his father.

But he did all of those to Beomhyun.

He almost ordered Yeonjun to execute the boy who was actually his son.

He made the boy join an operation that almost lead the boy to die to repay the hospitality they gave him.

He gave called him a threat, and a mistake.

The guilt was slowly eating the brunette alive. And he knew the young boy would be furious if he found out he was his father.

He never got the chance to see how the boy grew up. Say his first ever word, took his first ever step or even get the chance to see him go to his very first day of school.

He missed everything.

And those glares, oh god those glares he gave the poor boy when he first set his eyes on him.