Chapter 66

"You like pop songs?" Beomhyun asked, a hint of surprise on his tone.

Beomgyu raised a brow, "Do you think I don't like them?"

"Nope, but you kinda look like someone who's got a thing for classicals. " the young boy merely shrugged as he took a sip on his milktea.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes, "Thanks I get that a lot."

"You're welcome."

The two males were currently sitting on a bench in the park. Watching teenagers and kids play around the playground to the parents playing with their toddlers.

The latters watched the scenes in complete silence. That is until Beomhyun decided to ask Beomgyu a question.

"Hey, sir Gyu?"

"Hmm?"

"I know this is random but can I ask you a question?" the young boy asked.

Cluelessly, Beomgyu nodded. "Sure, fire 'way kid."

"What's your childhood like?"

Beomgyu looked over at the young boy, not quite getting what Beomhyun had said. "What?"

"Your childhood, what's it like?" the young boy asked innocently.

The older male looks away from Byun, eyes staring at the kids that were running around and playing at the playground.

"My childhood? Well..." Beomgyu trails off, pursing his lips as he tries to say the perfect word to describe his childhood years.

Which resulted an unexpected trip back into his ten-year old memory lane.

-

"You imbecile!" the man shouts, ripping seven-year old Beomgyu's drawing of himself and his father apart.

"You're supposed to be studying Beomgyu! Not play around and draw!"

"You're the heir! you should never show feelings!"

Beomgyu's father was a ruthless man, he never treated his son like his own. Instead, ten-year old Beomgyu was treated like a new recruit but had the title of an heir.

But among all those things that had happened. There was one memory that haunted Beomgyu for the rest of his younger years...

-

Beomgyu was hit, once again by his father.

"Why didn't you kill him?!"

Ten-year old Beomgyu wiped the blood off his mouth as he tried to look at his furious parent. His father wanted him to kill a guy who purposely cut all ties from them because the latter wanted to start a family.

But Beomgyu couldn't do it, not when they had a new-born baby. The young boy could see how much they loved their child, something Beomgyu had longed for and envied.

"He... He didn't do anything wrong father. The guy just wanted to have a family-"

A loud snap of a whip echoed throughout the large torture room. Beomgyu bit his lower lip harshly as he tightly shut his eyes, the burning sensation of the whip against his back reached his throat. Itching to scream but he stopped himself, holding back a huge amount of tears to fall down. Not wanting to get whipped once more.

The man harshly grabbed Beomgyu by the collar.

"Listen here you-" he snarls. "I don't care what the guy's reason of cutting ties with us. But this is one thing clear, he broke our law Beomgyu. And he needs to pay! So why don't you get that inside that puny little head of yours and do the job right! Do you understand?!"