Chapter 54

Beomgyu returned to the manor around three in the morning. Eyes puffy and red from all the crying and he wanted nothing more than to crash on his bed and sleep.

Like hell he'll ever sleep, for sure the latter will be guilt-tripping himself all night.

As soon as he opened the door to his office, he was immediately greeted by his hyungs and Hyuka who were sitting on the couch. Eyes on the latter before them.

"Oh, Gyu, you're back," Yeonjun was the first one to speak up, hoisting himself from the couch and went over towards the younger.

Soobin was the second, "You almost made us worry, you were gone for three hours."

"Yeonjun-hyung was even planning a on finding you, hyung," Hyuka utters.

The young male didn't respond and quicky engulf Yeonjun into a hug. Getting the three males off guard.

"Gyu-ah?" Yeonjun whispers softly.

"Hyung..." Beomgyu utters, his shoulders were shaking as his tears dampen Yeonjun's shirt.

Yeonjun gave his husband and Kai a worried look before averting his gaze to the crying male.

"It's okay, let it out," the eldest whispers as he gently rubbed Beomgyu's back.

The hug tightened as Beomgyu fell onto his knees, head still buried on Yeonjun's shoulder blade.

"I-I messed up, I messed up so much." Beomgyu sobs, the guilt and the regret he had was unimaginable. His heart was heavy and he couldn't help but cry.

"I should've never ignored those signs hyung, denied all those similarities. Gave him those glares and everything! If only I paid more attention that time. If only I let Taehyun talk then maybe... maybe I..." Beomgyu continued to cry his heart out as Yeonjun rubbed his back.

"It's alright Gyu, you didn't know back then—"

"No it's not!" Beomgyu shouted, pulling away from the hug, now facing his three friends. "I missed sixteen years of his life hyung. SIXTEEN YEARS OF NOT KNOWING I HAD A SON!"

Beomgyu let's out a shaky chuckle. "My father was right, I'm just like him–"

"Beomgyu don't say that!" Soobin utters. "You're nothing like that man."

"But it's true!" the brunette exclaims. "I pushed everyone away, I avoided Taehyun and I even put my own son in danger! I'm just like him hyung..." Beomgyu whispers as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"This is all my fault—"

A loud slap resonated through the office, Kai and Soobin stayed quiet in shock as Yeonjun had given Beomgyu a hard slap on his right cheek.

"How is this your fault Choi Beomgyu!" Yeonjun shouted, tears now escaping his eyelids.

"You didn't know Beomhyun was your son until Moh-wa revealed it. I know you're regretting your attitude towards the boy. But Gyu, you're not your father!" Yeonjun shouts as a sob escaped his mouth.

The older male cupped Beomgyu's cheeks and wiped the tears that were rolling down.

"You were never him in the first place."

Beomgyu lifted his head and was now looking at Yeonjun's teary eyes.

"You're the most caring person I ever knew. You put everyone first before yourself, trust me Beomgyu-ah. You're nothing like your father."

"But hyung if only I hadn't ignored the signs and similarities then maybe–"

"So it's going to be like this Beomgyu?" Soobin spoke up, walking towards the male.