Chapter 75

It had been a while now—preferably a week. And Yeonjun had noticed the change of aura around Beomgyu. The latter didn't look stressed as usual, and the energy surrounding him was lightly brighter.

And of course, he's been spending quality time with Beomhyun. Keeping his word of making up all those sixteen years Beomgyu had missed.

There was even one time, when Yeonjun was walking to his office he saw Beomgyu and Byun on the garden. He watched as the older brunette points at one specific flower, probably teaching Beomhyun their names and meanings.

And now, Yeonjun is currently watching the two once again. They were currently chatting of whatsoever, but the older male assumes that it was about the Star Seekers.

Leaning against the windows, Yeonjun crossed his arms as a small smile went up towards his lips when he saw Beomgyu spending time with his son.

Just then Yeonjun felt a pair of arms around his waist.

"What're you staring at?" Soobin whispers behind him, resting his chin on his husband's shoulder.

"Look," Yeonjun gestures to the father and son duo who were in a deep conversation.

Averting his gaze to where Yeonjun gestured, a smile went up towards Soobin's face.

"It's good seeing Beomgyu like that," Soobin says. "Smiling, the only time I saw him crack a grin was when Soojun called him uncle bear when he was three. And when Kyle was born."

Yeonjun leaned closer to his husband as a smile rose up his lips. "I dunno, but I feel so proud right now."

Yeonjun had been friends with Beomgyu even before they formed Beeojegug. He remembered how the younge male's father had been so cruel to Beomgyu as a child, he hit him, sometimes even lock him in the isolation room for days. Yeonjun also remembers how he would always sneak up into Beomgyu's bedroom to treat his wounds. And help him escape the isolation room when everybody was asleep.

The older male remembers a certain night, when he once again sneaked into Beomgyu's room to treat the newly gained bruises once again.

-

A thirteen year-old Yeonjun lets out a sad sigh as he dabs a lightly ointment soaked cotton ball onto Beomgyu's bruised cheek.

"Ow!" the young boy hissed, jerking away from the older male.

"Sorry, just a bit more and we're done," Yeonjun says in a soft manner.

After placing the ointments all over Beomgyu's bruised body, Yeonjun began bandaging the bruises.

The night was silent, only the crickets were heard as they play their usual melody.

"Your dad's a psycho," Yeonjun spoke as he wraps the bandage around Beomgyu's arm.

The younger scoffed, "You can say that again."

"I mean..." Yeonjun went on. "What kind of parent would actually hit their child with a police batton?!"

"Someone heartless I pressume," Beomgyu jokes dryly.

"Don't joke around Choi Beomgyu, I was 'this' close of bursting into tears when I saw you all bloody after you got out of that torture room and you were all covered in bruises and wounds! BRUISES AND WOUNDS YOU HEAR ME!"

"Well... I don't really have a choice hyung," Beomgyu whispers.

After that the young boy went silent, and Yeonjun aswell.