Chapter 34

Note: Happy Hyuka Day!😊🥳

"Dad!" Kyle squeals, running towards the blonde haired male whose eyes quickly lit up as he saw his son.

"My little penggie!" Kai squeals, embracing his son warmly as he averted his gaze towards the the owners of the mansion.

"Hello three Chois! I hope I wasn't interrupting anything," Kai utters.

"Nah, everything's cool Uncle Kai."

"Nope!"

"No need to worry about Uncle Hyuks!"

"I thought you were still in Gwang-cheon?" Kyle asks his father, pulling away from the hug.

"Well, I did tell you on the call that I'll be home early," Kai laughs, ruffling his son's hair.

Beomhyun on the other hand, watched as the father and son interact happily in front of the living room. A twinge of yearning spread throughout Beomhyun's heart. Reminding the latter of that time when he went home from a volleyball training camp and Taehyun was waiting for him at the train station.

"Papa!" a fourteen year old Beomhyun shouted with glee as he ran towards Taehyun who was standing at the train stop along with other parents.

"Welcome back Beomie– oh!" Taehyun couldn't finish his sentence when Beomhyun quickly threw himself to his dad.

Embracing him in a tight yet warm hug.

"Aigoo, what's gotten you so clingy today?" Taehyun giggled, returning the hug with the same intensity.

"Nothing!" Beomhyun chirped happily.

"I just missed you, that's all."

Chuckling, Taehyun rested his chin on top of Beomhyun's head as he softly stroked his son's hair. With a faint smile, he whispers,

"I missed you too my little bear."

"Byunnie-hyung?"

"Byunnie-hyung!"

Snapping out of his thoughts, Beomhyun then realized that everyone's gaze was now on him.

"H-Huh?" was all the latter could say.

"This is my dad, Kai Kamal Huening," Kyle says, gesturing at the man who gave him a happy smile and a wave.

"Oh, so this must be the new kid in town!" Kai utters cheerily giving Beomhyun a cheeky smile.

"He sure is," the three Choi's say in unison.

Kai walked towards the young Kang, examining his features as a sad smile etched his face.

'Soobin-hyung was right, he does look like Taehyunnie.'

Upon having Kai face-to-face, Beomhyun gulped. "O-Oh, hello sir, I'm– "

Beomhyun, again, was cut short when Kai pulled him into a hug.

"Oohhhh I finally got to meet you!" the blonde male squeals.

A bit confused to why the male looked so eager, the younger had still managed to say. "Oh, uh... it's nice to meet you too Mr. Huening," Beomhyun muttered, a bit more of a mumble since Kai was hugging him like no tomorrow.

"Aigoo why so formal? You can call me Uncle Hyuka if you like kiddo!" Kai laughed, patting the latter on the back.

"W-We'll do," Beomhyun says awkwardly, feeling a bit shy.