Chapter 10: Primal Desire - Struggle For Trost Part 8

While Jean was thinking about what he should do about his gear the others were bust fighting titans to keep them away from Eren. However more titans were entering the gate, Ayane landed on a roof as the blood of the titan she just killed was steaming off her face and hand.

'This isn't looking good...' Ayane thought.

Jean on the other hand rushed out when it was nearly all clear and struggled to grab the gear of a dead soldier to use when it slowly began to walk up behind him, thankfully though Marco acted quickly and distracted it. That helped Jean get enough time to quickly switch his gear.

Connie later joined in along with Annie, when Jean was about to get grabbed by a titan Connie actually head-butted the damn thing in order to buy Jean some more time even. Once again another titan nearly ate him if Annie didn't step in and use her body weight to push it down by the neck.

By then Jean, Connie and Annie were able to get back to the walls, while Marco was already there waiting on them. When Annie looked back to the town she noticed something.

The sounds of large footsteps from a titan were heard, Ayane stood up from her crouched position and looked around, her blue eyes widen when they laid on a large rock being carried with steam emitting from under it, smiling she chuckled silently to herself and shook her head.

'Well I'll be damned...you did it, knucklehead.' Ayane thought small smile on her face.

"Eren..." Mikasa mutters.
"Mikasa! Ayane!" Armin shouts as he arrived near them.
"He's awake.." Ayane says looking at Eren's titan.
"He came out of it somehow! We're set, he's determined to see the mission through till the end! As long as we have his back as he heads for the wall victory will be ours!" Armin explains.
"Defend him! To the last man if that's what it comes to! Eren must reach the gate! I don't want a single titan anywhere near him!" The soldier orders.
"Looks like we're back on! Focus on keeping Eren safe!" Jean tells them.
"The three of you go! I want you three with Eren immediately, hop to soldiers that's an order!" He ordered.
"Sir yes sir!" Mikasa, Armin and Ayane shouted back.

Team Mitabi also was helping but from the ground, Ayane took a deep breath then let it out opening her eyes after a moment she narrowed them. Sending her gear in motion she flew all the way where Eren was along with Armin and Mikasa.

This was it! This was their chance and only chance left to be able to seal the gate and save Trost.
Eren continued to walk in his titan form towards the gate, though the weight of the bowlder over his shoulder was starting to weigh him down.

'I feel like...like I'm about to buckle under the weight.' Eren thought.

When he looked down he saw Ayane, Mikasa and Armin there, after a moment all three of them ran off ahead.

'Mikasa, Armin...Ayane? What are you three doing? Get to the rooftops you'll be killed!' Eren thought.

As the plan went into motion sadly though it was no surprise that there would be casualties...and they were slowly stacking up as the plan went on further. Ayane forced herself to ignore the screams of those around her who were either eaten by titans or crushed by them together.

'We're born free, all of us. Free. Some don't believe it, some try to take it away. To hell with them! Water like fire, mountains of ice, the whole bit may you rise on that, and you'll know what freedom is. That it's worth fighting for! Fight to live! Risk it all for even a gimmer of real freedom! It doesn't matter what's waiting outside the gate or what comes in! It doesn't matter how cruel the world can be or how unjust! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!!' Eren thought as he made his way to the gate and everyone was fighting the titans.