Chapter 31: Opening

Those who arrived to help save Eren and Ayane were now on the move on their horses, they had hoped they could make it in time to save both of them and finally give Ayane the medical attention she desperately needs.

"Let's move!!" Erwin shouted.

Upon the walls, Hange and Moblit watched their departure, but that wasn't good enough as Hange crawled slowly demanding someone to get her a horse. She needed to figure out what was important that she felt was left behind from Connie's village, at first Moblit was against it but in the end, he actually told Hange that he'd go himself so long as she got some rest to recover.

Meanwhile, the Scouts along with some of the Garrison and Military Police continued onwards with their mission to retrieve the two.

"Be on the lookout! All riders assume formation!" Erwin orders.

Everyone listened in and began breaking off into formation rather quickly.

'Eren...Ayane...hold on just a little bit longer.' Mikasa thought.

Within that very forest Reiner, Bertholt, Ymir and now Eren were wide awake. Ayane on the other hand was in and out of consciousness as she sat there upon the trunk of the large tree with her head hanging down. Sweat rolled down the side of her face from how much pain she was currently going through.

"Your awake, welcome back," Reiner says.
"What the hell?! My arms!!" Eren shouted when he saw the state of them.
"Eren, I'm not in any better shape here, seems like we're both having a shit day. Though it seems like Ayane has it worse." Ymir replies.
"Ayane! What have you two bastards done to her!?" Eren shouted glaring at them.
"Relax she's right behind you, though I'm a bit worried since shouldn't her injuries be healing already too?" Reiner spoke.
"You bastard! She's not a Titan-Shifter! How the hell do you expect her to heal like us huh? Even after everything you people have done to her!" Eren growled

Ayane groaned in pain as she slowly opened her eyes and lifted her head, she muttered Eren's name and her weak blue eyes landed on his worried green ones. Doing his best to crawl over to her he attempted to reach out for her but due to the still healing stumps of his arms, he couldn't hold her like he wanted to.

"Ayane oh god..." Eren mutters.

Anger built up as he was forced to watch the girl he held dear go through all this pain, when she coughed up some blood that began to stain her white pants Eren turned around slowly and glared at the two, determined to protect and save Ayane he bit into his arm stump but nothing worked.

"Eren don't do it!" Bertholt says.
"Easy there hot-head. Take a look where we are, this is the giant forest within Wall Maria. Wall Rose is leagues away, which means we're deep in the heart of Titan country. See? I think our buddy down there is abnormal, it may look like he's just kicking back but those eyes haven't left us once. Lots of smaller ones down there too, that's plenty bad enough...another big one over there, fixated but keeping his distance...but its eyes are locked on your little lady over there. And then there are these chumps, dirty bastards they had the foresight to set up in full gear. Course Reiner and Bertholt took both yours and Ayane's, Reiner being the bastard he is further injured Ayane to the point where she can't fight back. The point is transforming into a titan isn't going to accomplish anything right now even if it means protecting your little girlfriend from these freaks. Even if we could get out our best option to survive our escape is injured and can barely move without pain or blood coming out of her mouth. There's nothing to gain by being a dumbass that could possibly get Ayane killed." Ymir explained.

It was true though even if they could escape Ayane was much too injured to be moved but honestly the three of them had a feeling things would soon change and Ayane would have to need to move...though the big question was still up in the air...