Chapter 52: Midnight Sun

Eren sat on the roof of one of the houses as tears formed in the corner of his eyes, Armin, however, was in such a horrible state that it was clear he wouldn't make it while Bertholt who was currently unconscious was on the boy's other side without arms and legs but when a loud crash behind him caught his attention he was a bit shocked and confused.

It was a titan with a man riding on its back or well strapped in as his body was steaming as he had just come out of a titan's body. As they began to approach him Eren quickly grabbed Bertholt and held a blade to the guy's throat.

"Just try and come closer! Make one move to take him and I'll slit his throat!" Eren shouted.

'Hold on...those markings around his eyes. Are they what I think? This must be the Beast Titan, then this is the guy Ayane was fighting...wait if he's here then...where is she?' Eren thought growing even more worried for his girlfriend.

"I found you. Both of you. Eren Yeager right? You're with Ayane right?" The Beast Titan asked.

'If nothing else I'll take him with me!' Eren thought.

"You don't look a thing like your father." The Beast Titan tells him.
"What...?" Eren asked.
"Beleive me, Eren. I get it. I know how you feel. The both of us are just victims of your father. I'm sorry but he's brainwashed you." The Beast Titan says.
"What are you talking about?" Eren asked not liking how this man before him looked similar to someone.

Before anyone could say more Levi arrived at the edge of the walls, his eyes were completely white as the rage of a father was 'activated', as Levi slid down the walls Ayane was being quickly treated though with shakey hands as the wound to Ayane's face was horrid and would need even more extra care when they all returned.

The Beast Titan was annoyed that Levi hadn't died and realized currently at this moment there was no winning here so escape was their best option for now, though he did promise Eren that he'd come back not only for him but Ayane as well stating that they would be able to 'save her from her fate'. Whatever that was Eren didn't know.

Once Levi landed he realized he used the rest of the gas for his gear so he quickly demanded Eren to give him his so he could pursue the bastard trying to run. Eren was quickly gonna go along with it until he heard Armin actually give out a faint cough indicating that there was still hope for Armin to actually live.

But at what cost?

                                                                     **Elsewhere**

Hange currently still clueless on her niece's condition was currently confronting Reiner about what she had found in his clothing when searching him for any possible hidden weapons. Apparently, though it was a letter from Ymir to Historia, it was clear from Reiner that Historia was to get it but Hange wasn't going to take any chances and would only pass it over once expecting it first in case it held anything the Scouts needed to know.

The next course of action was to gain information from Reiner which clearly he wouldn't give, Mikasa at that time finished tending to Jean's wounds when he shouted that they'd need Reiner alive to use his power if they needed it really, it made Jean remember the meeting all Scouts had with the higher-ups as Erwin explained the power of the injection that Levi was trusted with.

Hange though decided that Mikasa first should go and see what the situation was all about with the others and come back with the injection that she would receive from Levi for her to use.

                                                               **With Mikasa**