Chapter 12: Eve Of Counter Attack Part 2

Finally, he was with the Scouts, sadly though it wasn't how he had hoped to join either way he was fine with it. After all, he didn't come alone thankfully, Ayane too followed since her father Captain Levi brought them both in after the wall in Trost was blocked off.

Well...there's also the fact he had to go through a damn trial just to get to this point but even so, he was glad that part was over with, now he would be able to keep his promise to Ayane with killing the titans together whenever they were to go outside the walls.

'Even if it makes it easier to be here with her...I still need to earn their trust. After all, these are her family.' Eren thought.

Ayane shockingly was trusted well enough to watch over Eren and give him a bit of a tour on the scouts HQ as well as go other places away from solider duties for the day, hence the reason Eren was waiting for Ayane as of this moment.

"Don't worry Dad, I'll just go pick up a few things and show Eren around." Ayane's voice was heard.

Turning around he gasped as his green eyes widen at the sight of Ayane now, she the usual uniform of the military, her usual dark red shirt covered with the Survey Corps jacket, and this time her hair was much shorter than it was before but in medium length in a shorter ponytail. Once again some of her hair was used to hold it up in its usual high ponytail.

"What is it?" Ayane asked voice monotone as usual.
"Y-Your cut your hair!" Eren exclaims.
"So? It has gotten much longer during the years we were training...besides weren't you the one who bugged me about getting it cut?" Ayane asked in the end.
"T-That was only cause I was worried it would get caught in your ODM gear...you take such good care of it...so I thought well..." Eren tried to explain.
"I had my father cut it...does it look bad?" Ayane asked at the end.
"No! no! In fact, it looks great..." Eren says rather shyly.

Beautiful is what he'd like to say but he wasn't sure if he should so he just rubbed the back of his neck as his cheeks flushed red slightly.

Ayane raised an eye brown but Eren sighed and shook his head. Rolling her eyes she pushed him forwards as she mentioned their first thing to do for the day was to run some errands for the higher-ups.

'I'm shocked she even bother to cut her hair, sure it's beautiful but she's been constantly at my throat whenever I've tried to convince her to cut it...why now all of a sudden? Is it because we're with the scouts now? Or...' Eren thought as he helped her.

Eren followed Ayane around helping her carrying things as she continued to shop for a few things before they finally began to head back together though not without Eren telling her to wait for a moment as he quickly left to buy a few things himself, Ayane just shrugged her shoulders and stood a few feet away from one of the vendors Eren went to unsure really what he was going for.

They didn't stay there long and soon returned back only to be ordered to follow Levi's squad to where they'd be staying for Eren to continue his training as well as Ayane of course. Oddly enough though Ayane was trusted to watch over Eren as well.

'In other words...they know Ayane is able to restrain me if I do go out of control...but why trust me enough to be alone with her?' Eren thought while looking at her.

"What?" Ayane asked when she noticed him staring.
"N-Nothing!" Eren quickly says with a small blush as he turned away.

From there both Eren and Ayane left with Levi and his squad to another place for them to continue their training, they got there by horses and soon as the building came into sight Oulo began to speak about it sprouting nonsense. When Eren looked towards Levi all he got was a blank stare back...or glare.