Chapter 24: I'm Home

"Great...would someone explain to me what this means? I mean Ayane is heading straight for them! I know she can handle a few titans herself but her ribs haven't fully recovered!" Eren says.
"I know, but their titans, right? Could they break a wall with titans in it? And what if Ayane has already faced them for us? I mean she is pretty fast when dealing with them." Armin explains.
"Wouldn't be the first time, but still she's injured and there's more of her family out there...what if they die again in front of her..." Eren counters back.
"What do you mean by family?" Mikasa asked.
"Ayane considers a good majority of the Scouts her family, all things considered, she grew up around them so that's understandable...but last time she watched her family die before her eyes she lost it completely....her anger took control," Eren explains.
"It's expected as much, the Scouts is all Ayane has known for quite a while before she met all of us and slowly began to open up," Armin explains.

After the brief conversation on how Ayane and her safety did worry Eren they then switched it to the fact that the gate was always the one that was broken into...this time, it could possibly be the walls that lead Armin to believe to be true since there was nothing on the walls that dignified that there could be a crack or anything.

Armin believed that the walls could possibly be made up of titans completely...

Hange, on the other hand, was still looking at the piece of the wall that fell and had a chip of the crystal Annie had trapped herself in which seemed to look rather alike to one another, when she did find something however Levi decided to make his appearance.

"Hange, get moving," Levi spoke.
"Oh! Right sorry. And our guest?" Hange asked.
"He's been ready to go for a while," Levi replied.

On one of the wagons Eren, Mikasa and Armin sat together on one side while Levi, Hange and The Preist sat on the other, not long after the gates began to open and Erwin began a short speech on what was needed to happen, and soon they were all off.

'Ayane...please stay safe, I'm coming for you. I'll be at your side soon. Hold on just a while longer...' Eren thought.

During the ride to go help aid those in battle or even search the walls, Hange informed the three of them that the Preist pretty much knew about the walls and never once told anyone a single thing about it. Keeping it secret. Eren didn't care and thought that the man was stupid that he believes was more important than the lives of humanity, whereas Levi held a small gun towards the Preist stating that it didn't take much of an effort to pull the trigger.

Though honestly, the damn man wouldn't budge from such a threat, as Hange said much so.

                                                                     Earlier...

Sasha rode off towards her village to hopefully get there in time to give word about titans in the area, she remembered a bit of something about her past with her father when she noticed large footprints in the ground...titans they were already all the way out here.

That worried her.

Rushing forwards she came into an opening where she noticed buildings some things she has never seen when she left to join the military, guiding her horse she jumped over the raised bridge and continue onwards.

Within a single home, a horrified-looking girl sat there frozen in total shock as her poor mother was slowly being eaten alive by a titan that invaded their home. When Sasha found this she took an axe and with all that she could she attacked the nape hoping it would work soon considering she didn't have any of her gear to kill it properly...but luck wasn't with her when the axe flung into the wood above the door from her hand.

Seeing the child there she gasped and slowly began to walk towards the little girl, she sadly apologized and asked for forgiveness from the mother as she grabbed the girl and ran off leaving the mother behind who in turn was just hoping for her daughter to get out of there alive.

In the mix of getting the girl out alive and her horse acting up in the end she had to run with the little girl on foot when the horse ran off completely. When the titan in the home began to exit it Sasha acted fast and grabbed the bow and arrows with one hand while the other held the little girl's hand and they both ran off once more.

Getting the girl and herself over the raised bridge and running off Sasha hoped no wished that someone from either her village was still around to save them by giving them a horse or someone from the Scouts was nearby.

'Please someone! Anyone! Find us!' Sasha thought.

While running she remembered her encounter with Ymir as well as Kirsta defending her, along the lines of her and Ayane beginning to bond with one another as she for some reason became interested in her experiences with her home but was actually showing interest. She even remembered what Ayane once told her.

"If you are ever in trouble, and no one is around to offer you some help, stand your ground for as long as you can but make sure to make a quick escape. But even so, if I am near I'll be there to help you always." Ayane's voice rang in her head.

'Why am I remembering this now? Still, it's the only thing I can think about...Ayane has barely interacted with us at all but it was her who approached me first...she may look intimidating but really she's just a good person.' Sasha thought.

"Alright listen, you're gonna be fine just keep following the path we're on. Run as far away as you can, there will be someone willing to help I promise. It may take you a little while to find them but keep on, you'll bump into them eventually. Now go! Get out of here! Don't give up hope!!" Sasha explained to the girl getting ready to take on the titan before her.

Her plan was to take out the eyes to buy them some time but she had a little number of arrows and it wasn't looking too good. So when she only had one arrow left she abandoned the bow and prepared for a moment as the titan got closer. Just as it got closer she then yelled and stabbed it through the other eye, escaping its hold she ran off.

Meanwhile, Ayane was heading straight for where Sasha was at. Taking a shortcut to where her friend was at Ayane ran into a little girl who said a girl who had brown hair in a ponytail was distracting a titan and she needed help.

"Please help her! She saved me!" The girl says.
"Get to safety quickly! I promise I'll help her!" Ayane replies.

Pushing forwards she had her horse ride on to where Sasha was at and rushed to her, killing the titan she then helped her friend on as well who wrapped her arms around Ayane's waist as she went on back to where the girl was only to find out she was with Sasha's family.

"I'm gonna be with them for a while, y-you go on to the others. Connie and the others went off towards where his village is. It's in the south" Sasha says.
"Alright stay safe." Ayane nodded.

Ayane then once more guided her horse off as Sasha watched Ayane ride off towards where Connie and the others were, however, Connie, Reiner and Bertholt arrived just at the outskirts of Connie's village and he began to ride further inside once he noticed that his village had been the one that was just recently attacked and homes were in shambles.

When he screamed for anyone to answer him no one did, when he did check his home there was a small titan laying on what was once his home, seemed like the titan fell on it but the legs were so small that it was hard to believe that it just walked there only to collapse on top of it...

The group was shocked at how the heck it even got there, but as Ayane rode off she had a bad feeling about what all was happening...something in her gut told her that she'd be losing more of her family...that or she already lost a few members.

'Please...let me get to them in time, I can't handle losing anyone else!' Ayane thought as she rode off towards Connie's village.