Chapter 16: Bite - 57th Expedition Beyond The Walls Part 3

What Levi actually fired was an acoustic round into the air, the ringing went through everyone's ears as Ayane had her hands over her ears only closing one eye in the process as the sound rang out until finally coming back to silence.

"Was that an acoustic round?" Eren asked.
"Clearly, but what effect does that have on titans?" Ayane replied but later asked.
"Remind me, what is our mission? Is it simply to act on impulse in the heat of the moment? Let me answer that for you. It's not. This squad's mission is to keep this brat alive, whatever the cost. Don't forget it." Levi explains.
'It's not just to police me?' Eren thought.
"We keep pushing forward on horseback, is that clear?" Levi asked.
"Rodger that, dad," Ayane replies.
"As a veil sir." Petra chimes in.
"But for how long? We can't keep running forever. She's right on top of us as it is...if we don't do something soon." Eren says

More soldiers arrived to attempt to stop the Female Titan, the more Ayane watched the more she was forced to see her family go down one by one. She gripped the reins of her horse so tightly that her knuckles began to turn white...they shook with closed up anger and rage that it would only be a matter of when or where her rage would be at its limits and be unleashed on whatever poor soul was in her line of vision.

The more Eren pleaded with the Levi Squad the more Ayane grew annoyed with her friend and as she tried to hold back her words she grinds her teeth, closed her eyes anything to keep herself from saying words she might later regret or could possibly say that could hurt the boy.

Ayane slowly leaned forwards as her shoulders began to shake and the trembling to her hands moved up her arms, Levi noticed this and knew his daughter was slowly losing her temper but was trying so hard to hold it in so she didn't blow a gasket but honestly he wouldn't blame the girl. Though Levi also did know that Ayane could hurt just about anyone around her with just her words or the look in her eyes...guess she inherited more things from him than he had originally thought.

'Hence the confusion among people if she is actually my biological daughter...' Levi thought.

They all continued on riding on horseback while Eren kept up the argument on if they should take action or not at all.

'No I can do this without them, I don't need to rely on anyone else I'm a squad all to myself!' Eren thought as he looked at his hand, opening his mouth he was getting ready to bite.

"Hey!! Didn't you hear my family?! You are to follow orders, Eren!" Ayane shouts as she quickly grabbed his hand.
"But they'll die if we don't do something!" Eren shouts back.
"Then that's what happens, I don't like it just as much as you but there's a line drawn on what we can or can't do! Start acting like a damn soldier and learn to follow what Captain Levi has ordered!" Ayane replies.
"But if we don't fight we can't win!" Eren shouts.
"Damnit Eren, listen to me you and I aren't experienced enough to know what's the right choice for these moments yet. Trust my family and I." Ayane says
"They're your family too though!! If we don't do something more of them will die!!" Eren shouts trying to reason with her but it just made it worse as Levi's squad eyes widen as they looked at Eren in shock at what he said.

That's when Ayane's temper flared...those words were all it took for Ayane to finally snap...

"DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT!! SOMEONE LIKE YOU COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT I FEEL!! WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GET OFF TO BRING MY FAMILY INTO THIS HUH!?!" Ayane snapped removing her hand from Eren's, blue eyes filled with anger.
"Enough you two, jeez you might just wake up the entire forest if you keep that up. Look around, can't you see there's a big ass Titan behind us?" Levi interrupts.

Ayane scoffs and looks away, Eren did the same. Levi then explains to Eren that despite being someone who could change into a titan he wasn't a monster, but considering their experience they clearly would come to opposing views of what to do. He then admitted to everyone including his daughter that he himself didn't nor wouldn't know the outcome of his choices only that he would put his trust in his squad and comrades.