Chapter 38: Trust

Marlo and Hitch were walking alone together as they were sent off to search for the Scouts. Though for Marlo it was seriously odd that the Scouts would just out of nowhere kill a man and suddenly rush off considering they were the main group of soldiers to actually put their lives on the line for humanity as well as put an effort into whipping out the titans once and for all.

The two spoke of the past events as they continued forwards when they heard something in the water from the small lake just up ahead, guns raised they approached the person which turned out to be Armin as he gathered some water with a cloak over his head.

Just before they were gonna tell Armin what to do Levi and Mikasa arrived and held their blades to their necks. Levi ordered them both to hand over their guns or else when asked Marlo gasped a bit as he heard the sound of a gun getting ready, both he and Hitch slowly watched as first in their light of sight was a barrel of a gun until the bushes rumbled and out appeared Ayane with her blue eyes narrowed.

"I don't mind shooting some MP's tonight, so do as he says," Ayane spoke.

With a threat like that and such range, Marlo and Hitch handed over their guns to Armin as Levi and Mikasa tied their hands up behind their backs.

                                                                            Capital Mitras

Erwin sat there in a cell as he looked at the floor beneath him, slowly his plan was set in motion, at first when he heard the rustle of keys opening the door to his cell he didn't bother to look up as he was expecting the integration to go as it would always with these people.

'Lucky for these people that Ayane isn't here...she'd make them run with their tails between their legs with how protective of her family she is.' Erwin thought.

Meanwhile, the papers were trying to eat away at information about what is going on with the Scouts, the merchant's son was trying his damn best to run away from the three MP's that were chasing him, luck wasn't on his side at the moment when he found himself running into a dead end...thankfully though somehow Hange was nearby and quickly picked him up and into hiding.

Upon the roofs of the buildings, they were safe from the seeing eye, which gave Hange some time to speak with the guy and introduce themselves to one another. Poor guy was the one who saw the MP's along with a man in a long coat and hat pretty much kill his own father...and since he saw it happen it would seem like the MP's were after him before word got out.

The son really was a cry baby at this point as he wanted to just give in and give up, honestly it was pitiful but Hange still stayed strong and dragged him with her elsewhere when a couple of soldiers below heard their argument when it went a bit too loud for people hiding from the government.

                                                                            **Elsewhere**

For now, the plan was to pretend to be MP soldiers to scoop out the area and try to get any bit of information on where Eren and Historia could possibly be. When information on who these two were Levi began speaking but Marlo looked over at Ayane and stared at her in wonder as she was cleaning the gun in her hands.

'Ayane...she's rumoured to be one of the two best soldiers the 104th has...not to mention her connection with Captain Levi. They say when in battle you can barely keep an eye on her with how quick she moves...Even if people think that's a lie I know it's true...her skills are by far the best I've seen back in Stohess...but why is the MP's after her in the first place?' Marlo thought.