Chapter 40: Sin

Eren now awake still tried his best to get free but the shackles locking him in place never budged in the slightest. Historia appeared before him explaining her fathers 'actions' and also stated that her father never meant to harm Ayane in any way that it was unfortunate that Ayane had gotten in the crossfire.

'Ayane...where is she now? Is she safe? I hope so...last time I saw her she got shot...oh god please someone tell me she's still alive!' Eren thought.

Historia and her father slowly made their way up the steps towards where Eren was being held and both raised their hands before placing it on his back, that action alone seemed to have unlocked some form of memories to all three of them. Forcing them to see past events of what happened all those years ago.

Of what his own father had done...and how his own father suddenly went 'missing' out of nowhere...

This alone shocked Eren so much he could barely react in any other manner than to stare ahead of him.

However, it seemed like this also unlocked forgotten memories for Historia of her older sister Freda who had always been there for her as a child growing up but apparently would erase her memories when she would leave each time. Her reasons? Unknown really to her but to Historia's father it could've been to protect her.

Historia wished to see her again but Freda was gone...due to Eren's father Grisha's actions nearly the entire royal family were killed as when a titan fight between the two happened it was clear as day that Eren's father was more experienced in fighting in titan form and was able to steal the titan Freda held and would later obtain both titan powers within him until he had seemed to pass it over to his son Eren.

"B-But what about the Okumura's? You said they were close friends! Wouldn't they have been there to protect them?" Historia asked.
"The Okumura's already had nearly been but wiped out and due to the fact that there wasn't a sign of their awakenings it was hard to tell who was a part of the precious clan." Historia's father explained.
"All...wiped out? You mean...Ayane is..." Historia asked horrified.
"The only living member? Yes, she is. Which is why we need her so should we can protect her bloodline and it can grow bigger because of her." Historia's father explained.

'What does he mean by that!? Does he see her as a breeding tool? If others do I won't let them get their hands on her!' Eren thought.

Not long after Historia's father finished explaining about all that happened that night Kenny arrived and despite not meeting Ayane face to face he was slightly and shockingly annoyed with how Ayane was spoken about...must be because she's Levi's brat or whatever but either way he informed the man of what was happening on the surface and what the Scouts had done.

The two had a brief conversation before Kenny turned around with a hidden scowl and left the three of them alone.

                                                                      **Elsewhere...**

Premier Zachary was in a room with a man who was attached to a chair but...the man was upside down...the older man seemed to have been taking great pleasure in what would happen and what was happening. As if he enjoyed his actions wholeheartedly.

But with Erwin, he was informed by Pixis that his late father's suspicions were rather correct, and along with Ayane's connections to the special blood, the Okumura clan started to look like it just might be true. This means that Ayane would soon be one of the sole targets from others who wished to have her power for themselves when it starts to surface.