Chapter 19: Defeated - 57th Expedition Beyond The Walls Part 6

Levi and Mikasa continued to pursue the Female Titan, Mikasa stated that since she must need Eren for something she must be holding him on her tongue to keep him alive. Levi doubted it but went along with it anyway, he explained to her that he'd do all the cutting while Mikasa would find a way to distract the Female Titan.

'You've faced my kid's wrath before, now you'll know just who taught her all she knows...though I suspect you'll be cautious of Ayane from now on. No doubt about it.' Levi thought.

He moved higher up above the Female Titan and just gave her a glare, Mikasa was in the front lower. For a split second the Female TItan tried to land a punch on Levi but he easily avoided it quickly spinning himself around slicing away at her arm, at the elbow, he leaped off her and shoved both blades into her eyes removing them from his gear.

Jumping back into the air with a flip he attached two new blades and used the gas to move him quickly all around her effectively putting the Female Titan on her ass like how Ayane did moments ago.

'He's fast! She can't even react! Her skin can't harden in time! Ayane's speed nearly matches his!' Mikasa thought.

Mikasa could only help but watch as Levi went from side to side in what seemed like in a flash, Levi was just too fast that the Female Titan couldn't keep up with healing herself in time to get away. It all made sense on who was the one who taught Ayane all she knew...like a father-like daughter.

When the Female Titan's hand that once covered her nape fell limp, Mikasa thought it could possibly be an opening to slice away at it and find out just who it was inside this titan. But Levi saw through it and tried to warn her but in the end, just shoved her off only to get his ankle injury in the process.

Despite his ankle getting hurt he sliced at the Female Titan's jaw, right there was Eren who like Ayane was covered in titan spit but very much alive. Mikasa smiled at that and quickly the two left with Eren in Levi's arm and when he decided to look behind them he noticed the Female Titan crying which shocked him.

With Eren back everyone was able to make a full-on retreat, Eren and Ayane were laying beside one another in a cart passed out. Eren had bandages over his head as did Ayane, thanks to Eren's titan abilities he was able to slowly start to heal faster, Ayane, on the other hand, had a couple of broken ribs and a cut to her forehead but other than that she'd be okay...hopefully. Her head was also bandaged up along with her right hand that was beside Eren, it had been bandaged up to her elbow.

Back at home, the families of the Levi squad talked amongst one another, mostly about how they'd soon be on their way back.

"I can't wait to see my beautiful grandbaby, you think she'll enjoy these sweets I made dear?"
"She always has honey."

Or even...

"This is Ayane's first mission, you think she'll be okay?"
"Of course she will, Eld is there with her along with the others. I'm sure all of them will return very soon."

Lastly...

"Do you think we'll be able to have a cup of tea with Ayane?"
"Of course we can. Man, our granddaughter has grown up so fast."

Unknowingly to them things were sadly going to change in such short notice....and it wasn't going to be good either....sadly family members of Ayane's would have their hearts broken from this expedition...

Back outside the walls, the Scouts decided to take a short break to take in the fallen comrades of theirs. Levi first however checked on his daughter and ran his fingers through the bangs of her hair and sighed. He knew the cause of the events moments ago would forever change her...he just hoped it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.