Chapter 66: A Sound Argument

"So fight...just fight," Eren says as he glared at himself in the mirror.
"What are you doing? I mean clearly your muttering to yourself while staring at your reflection. But how come? Are you just that bored? Or...So hey you said 'Fight, just fight' right? So when you say 'Fight, just fight' who is it you wanna fight? I notice you said 'fight' twice. Does that mean you'll fight one fight twice or one fight with two rounds?" Hange started up.

The silence was all she got from Eren, and honestly Ayane who at the moment was trying to get some sleep groaned and pushed her pillow over her head as she realized her aunt was going through the annoying person tactic to gain answers from Eren.

"Your silence doesn't help your case, I mean why talk to yourself but ignore another person? Or was the person you were truly talking was Ayane? This doesn't seem normal to me, I've never chatted up my mirror before. But on a brighter note, I'm loving your new hairstyle! Yeah, the dishevelled look makes a statement! I'm sure Ayane will dig it when she sees you after her little nap! It's like you can't be bothered to deal with it! Because your working so hard-" Hange explains.
"What did you come here to do!?" Eren shouted having enough of her already.
"What do you mean? I can here to talk. The first time we met you came with my niece and we all stayed up all night talking about titans, remember? Though looking back I guess you both just listened...well Ayane fell asleep...while I rambled about my research, I had faith in you...both of you. I trusted that you'd never sacrifice Historia or my niece." Hange explains.

                                                      **2 Years Ago**

When the port had finally been finished Yelena was actually pleased to finally meet both Eren and Ayane but when she voiced about having a chat with the two Levi stepped in between them stating it would never happen not under his watch at least and the fact that she was to never approach Ayane at any means necessary. Yelena understood for the time being since this was her father she was speaking to so she agreed to his terms for now.

A member of the Hizuru Clan was arriving soon, Yelena mentioned how this lady dreamed to meet any surviving member of the Okumura clan and was pleased to know Ayane was still alive. She was even more so excited when Mikasa ended up having the same family crest as her which before the meeting Eren had Mikasa show her to which Mikasa stated that it was passed down to her from her mother who told her to pass the same markdown to her own children one day.

After that everyone who was to be in the meeting that was gonna take place in a few minutes was waiting outside, Ayane and Eren stood together with their hands laced together, at times she'd rest her head on his shoulder as she chatted with him about some future plans or what things could happen.

Not long after though Historia appeared and teased Mikasa with her new status and stated that now she, Mikasa and Ayane were a little trio who were dealing with harsh burdens to bear and to Historia she couldn't ask for a better woman to work with which had Ayane chuckle a bit and shake her head at Historia's antics. She never changed and Ayane was glad about that.

When it was time for the meeting it was clear things were far more than the Scouts or even the Paradis Military realized.

Lady Hizuru retold the tale of how she and Zeke met up which when she mentioned of the ODM gear Ayane narrowed her eyes at realizing that the bastard Zeke was the one who took out most of her family that fateful horrid night...so he took her Uncle Mikes gear huh?

'His body was torn to shreds and his gear went missing...so it was him who took it. Damn ape.' Ayane thought.

Sensing her anger Eren held Ayane's hand under the table as the meeting continued, it didn't take long until the three-point plan was revealed, they were to test The Rumbling which would shake the earth and threaten the others of it which would buy them time to strengthen their army but in the end, they needed a Founding Titan and a Titan of Royal blood along with the fact that the Okumura bloodline was also expected to continue.