Chapter 58: Midnight Train

Those in the higher up of Marley's military were in a meeting a few hours or so after the war had ended, the meeting was more on the point where the headlines of the war-painted Marley as their defences as a weak part of their army due to how much stronger mankind's weapons have become.

"This is a total embarrassment for us if Lady Okumura sees this! Completely absurd, we're supposed to work alongside her not make a fool out of ourselves." The General scoffed.
"With all due respect sir, we couldn't bring her to the front lines due to her declining condition," Zeke spoke up.
"I know that we got our best doctors to help her should another attack happen. But what I mean is why the hell did two of our titans nearly get taken out by this? With Lady Okumura's help, we would've ended the war sooner." He scoffed.

The man later asked Magath what he thought of all this, and he just explained that while Marley relied on titans alone along with the power that the Okumura family have held for generations the outside world beyond has solely relied on the weapons of their own disposal while advancing them.

However for now Marley should still be able to hold a victory over other countries with the power of the titans and now a member of the Okumura family.

The topic of conversation went by quick as later Zeke decided to speak up once again asking that their mission to take back the Founding Titan should be their top priority, and yeah even if they held the power of an Okumura member they still needed the Founding Titan as 'Lady Okumura' would only work alongside the one who held such a titan in their grasp considering it had been centuries that the two would work together.

"If we can secure the power of the Founding Titan I'm sure that Lady Okumura will aid us to victory," Zeke explained.
"How sure are you exactly, boy wonder?" The General asked.
"I've 100% positive, members of the Okumura family have always worked alongside whoever holds the power of the Founding Titan to find a solution to this god awful war so it's clear that Lady Okumura will do the same," Zeke explains.

It wasn't just that but he wanted to 'atone' for whatever his father had done so many years ago against Marley, not to mention that not only was Zeke's life nearly at its end but so was Lady Okumura's so that was also why Zeke was adamant that they end all this quickly so that peace could be brought to the world once and for all.

"It's very important that we make sure that Lady Okumura doesn't die just yet, she still needs to uphold the prophecy," Zeke explained.

'A descendant of Okumura blood shall become our saviour shall we fall, he or she will be the one to free us from the tight grasp of Titans and create a bright future for us all.'

But nothing about how short the life span of an Okumura member was exactly no information about how many years their life had or when they'd die or many other things so the bloodline of the Okumura was still a mystery and the only one who could give the information was Lady Okumura herself but lately, she hasn't spoken a word to them about it.

After the meeting those in higher command were now on their own as the others were setting up to return home, not long after however Zeke, Colt and Magath were speaking together up on a roof of a building. Magath questioned Zeke if he was sure they could hold a victory over Paradis since they were the ones who could actually take out each and every ship they had previously sent, not to mention it was a danger that they could take back Lady Okumura for themselves like before.

"Considering the fact that none of those 32 ships have returned, I think it's clear we're dealing with more than one titan," Zeke replied.
"And do you think we should push any blame on Lady Okumura?" Magath asked.
"Clearly we shouldn't, she was brainwashed to believe their devilish thoughts and was brought up into their ideals so it will take time to show her the truth," Zeke explained.
"That's a lot of time we don't have, make sure she knows the truth you hear?" Magath replied.
"I'm sure Lady Okumura will adapt quickly! Besides she has to focus on her daughter for now!" Colt defended her.
"I know that. Her kid is one year old now right? My guess is that she's keeping the child away from military affairs right now so she can have a proper childhood it seems." Magath commented.
"It would seem so, but it should be fine as Lady Okumura is all we need for now to achieve complete victory," Zeke replies.