Chapter 34: Scream

Eren and Ayane stared in total shock as the titan that ate Eren's mother slowly approached them, just the mere sight of the damn thing made Eren remember a time when his mother told him to smarten up and protect Mikasa for a change considering he kept getting into trouble.

Elsewhere people were trying to avoid getting hit or well killed as Reiner kept throwing titans all around them when Erwin was thrown off his horse, a single soldier ran towards him to give him some aid.

"I'm not your objective, don't waste your time on someone replaceable. Retreive Eren and Ayane then go!" Erwin tells him.
"You're not replaceable to Ayane! You need to survive for her sake at least." The soldier explains.

But soon as those words escape his mouth a titan caught him by his head and began to eat away, it shocked Erwin for a split second but he narrowed his eyes at this...titans were everywhere and all around but he still couldn't find where either Ayane or Eren was...

This was bad...

Speaking of Eren and Ayane they still stared in shock at the titan as it continued to approach them, not wanting to lose Eren, Ayane used her body to shove Eren down and braced herself to be grabbed then killed. So this was it huh? She was gonna die protecting Eren...but also die before his very eyes huh? How stupid...

'If only I still had my gear! But I'm also too injured to fight....' Ayane thought.

That's when Hannes arrived stating that he'd be the one to gladly get rid of this titan to avenge Eren's mother's death since he couldn't save her himself. Was this idiot crazy!? He'll die! There are not many trees out here for use to safely get away and try for a blind spot to kill this titan.

Elsewhere everyone continued to avoid the thrown titans as well as began fighting them, Krista or well now known as Historia actually decided to ride with Ymir who was still in titan form and pretty much told her as long as Ymir is at her side she wouldn't be afraid. And from there she went after the titan before her, Ymir and Connie.

Back with Eren and Ayane, the two were struggling with one another on who should runoff or who should fight, Eren in the end told her that this kill belonged to him and him alone. So when he ran off Ayane tried to grab at him but very sharp pain racked her body as she flinched and hugged herself from it.

"Eren stop!! We both have to get out of here..." Ayane said voice full of pain.
"We will but not until I settle the score. Stand back." Eren said before biting into his hand.

However nothing happened, no yellow lightning nothing...Eren couldn't transform just yet. As Hannes battle with the Smiling Titan continued Eren and Ayane were shocked at this but Ayane soon realized that maybe...his body wasn't up to par just yet with healing enough for him to transform into his Titan form yet...

Eren kept trying shoving his teeth into his hand and creating even more wounds to it, it got so bad that Ayane flinched when she heard some skin tear, worried tears formed in the corner of her eyes as she stood up and ignoring the pain she grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Eren stop!! You're hurting yourself even more!" Ayane shouted.

But he ignored her and continued, Ayane took the time to look around and saw many soldiers losing their lives when she spotted her uncle sitting on his knees in the grass without an arm and looking like he'd pass out very soon.

When Hannes was caught in the hands of the said titan he was fighting off Eren tried even more now to trans form but in the end, however, Hannes's battle with the Smiling Titan had failed when his lower half was eaten right before their eyes.