Chapter 36: Pain

The soldier who was in charge of getting Ayane, Eren and Historia out of there could hear the sound of gunshots, when questioned he noticed two soldiers above and alerted Ayane who got on one of her knees and got ready. Just as the top of the wagon was pulled off Ayane unloaded bullets at the enemy.

"She's got a gun!" One shouted.
"That's the Okumura girl don't kill her!" Another replied.
"Shit...our orders were to bring them in!" Another scoffed.

As the bodies of those who were after them fell one by one Ayane couldn't stop Historia or even Eren from getting something shot at them to knock them out. When she heard Eren grunt from it and weakly call out her name she gasped as she turned but all Eren could see and hear before he passed out was Ayane falling out of the wagon as a bullet grazed her...or what he thought hit her.

'No...Ayane...' Eren thought reaching out for her before he fell over Historia and passed out.

"Damnit...!" Ayane cursed.

She tried to run after it but even more, so Ayane yelled in pain when a bullet went into her leg, making her fall over and hit the ground beneath her hard. Laying down she shot and killed a few more of whoever these people were as she turned over on her stomach and sadly watch the wagon take Eren and Historia away.

'No! I failed...' Ayane thought.

Levi thought was right behind them and for a split moment, his eyes widen in horror as he saw his daughter go down, narrowing his eyes at the fact that the carriage was now in possession of whoever was after them he tried to go after them but he was stopped by three people.

"Ayane!! Regroup with the others if you can! If not then I'll find you! Just stay safe!" Levi told his daughter to escape while he dealt with these freaks.
"Dad!! Be careful!" Ayane shouted and limped away.

Being the expert on his ODM gear Levi easily dodged most of the attacks that those who were following Kenny, though he did sustain a cut over one of his eyes as he tried to figure out a way to escape and get somewhere safe but also think of a plan of attack to get back to his squad and daughter.

'Damnit...my brat is injured out there. I need to figure a way out and get to her quickly.' Levi thought.

His only option for the moment was hiding out for a bit inside a bar, that's where Kenny decided to make a 'grand entrance and confront Levi about many things including Ayane.

"It's the most damn thing...I seem to be smelling a rat in this establishment. Come on out little rodent, A sheriff is here! And I'll exterminate all the vermin I can find! Bang! Bang!" Kenny shouted.

Levi didn't bother to answer for the moment as Kenny continued on.

"Oh come on! You here or not?" Kenny asked.
"Right here, Kenny. Been a while, really thought you'd be dead by now. With all the MP's you were butchering, but now your great friends huh?" Levi replied.
"Yeah well adults do plenty of things you kids can't understand, well then again I guess you kind of do since you decided to suddenly become a daddy to a little brat. Considering you should be an adult now but it's hard to tell since your still a little runt." Kenny explains.
"One of your men shot my daughter, they'd be lucky to live past that if either she or I had something to do about it," Levi replied.
"Speaking of the girl...you sure raised a miniature version of yourself...more like a girl version since she's just like you. The brat killed nearly half of my men. Making them drop like flies." Kenny scoffed.
"Remind me to raise her allowance then," Levi replied.
"Seems like you remember all the little tricks I taught you...even seemed to have taught your little girl the same tricks...but what did I ever tell you about a cornered rat? Because if I had you'd know everywhere you look you'd find a bullet waiting." Kenny explains.