Chapter 43: Ruler Of The Walls

Orvud District Regiment Branch

Ayane just rolled her eyes as the soldier clearly thought he had the right to scold Erwin for his plan to not evacuate the people of the city. Honestly, this was the reason why Ayane never held respect for some soldiers in other branches since they never bothered to understand the titans the same way the Scouts have.

'Even if it is our job as Scouts to understand the titans better than most, shouldn't this be mandatory for every soldier should another attack to the walls happen? Honestly, soldiers like these really piss me off...a free pass to remain safe but still hold some sort of authority to be respected in false advertisement....' Ayane thought.

Meanwhile, Hange was explaining to the man how the titan could possibly be even more dangerous should they really evacuate the people, it would potentially destroy the wall either way if they pushed the people away from the town. Not to mention she explained the time where they attempted to 'control' the Rod Reiss Titan with Eren but sadly nothing happened.

                                                                        **Flash Back**

As the group was on their way back towards the walls Eren had stood up and begun shouting at the titan demanding it to stop in its tracks, Ayane however narrowed her eyes as she watched the mindless titan continue to move. No matter how many times Eren shouted or threw punches into the air nothing worked.

However...for a split second Ayane thought she saw a figure of a young girl as they passed by, her eyes widen as she looked behind them but there was nothing anymore. Unknown to Ayane currently...the awakening was just the beginning.

"Come on you stupid old bastard! Why won't you listen!" Eren shouted bringing her out of her thoughts.

That's when he froze as Levi with a stoic face rode on his horse behind them, Ayane however just looked over at her boyfriend with a raised eyebrow, silently questioning his reaction when she noticed her father then smirked and snickered a bit to herself.

'Don't laugh, Ayane!' Eren thought.

                                                                     **Flash Back End**

Erwin then explained that sadly the citizens of this district would have to act as bait in order for the soldiers in action to kill this titan. Though it didn't go without saying that even though they needed them to act as such as soldiers it was their sworn duty to protect the people regardless of what branch any of them were in.

"If you love this town as much as your letting on you must know deep down what Commander Erwin's plan is all you got," Ayane spoke up.
"Oh yeah? And just who the hell are you?" He asked.
"Cadet Ayane, sir. I've fought alongside the Commander and everyone here that are within the Scouts. We know the titans more than anyone else in this room, we've fought those beasts right in their front doors head-on time and time again, I think it's best if you take up on his offer." Ayane explained.
"No salute to your supiror?" The man scoffed.
"I salute to those who deserve it, I may get reamed for this but it's what I go by." Ayane glared.

Ayane was the only soldier within her group of friends that would openly voice her opinions on the matter of when things seemed outright stupid to her. It did usually get her in trouble but it pushed her forwards to think of ways to better humanity's future. Erwin faintly smiled and knew that Ayane would one day be a good leader down the line.