Chapter 14: 57th Expedition Beyond The Walls Part 1

Soon as the gates opened fully Erwin leaded the charge and lead his men and woman out into the open, everyone was silent as they followed ahead. However, already a titan was nearby and some soldiers had already dealt with it rather quickly.

'We all need to make sure we get out of here quickly, considering we will be in their front yard...meaning that some of us might not be able to move and quickly kill a titan out in the open so easily...' Ayane thought.

When Eren asked Oluo if his friends had any chance for where they're going, Oluo began to scold him again only to bite his tongue once more as everyone continued onwards.

'Good grief uncle...' Ayane thought but had a faint smile and shook her head.

"Long-range formation, let's go!" Erwin orders as he held out his arm to the side.

Everyone split off to their respective spots in this expedition, Ayane stayed with Eren and her father's squad as she narrowed her eyes, this was it. The mission had finally begun but she knew everyone had to be careful if they were to survive this.

Looking over at her friends one by one she silently nodded at them as if telling them 'be careful' or 'come back alive idiot' in a sense.

Erwin had explained this from the start to finish and informed everyone on the position and why it was needed. Ayane looked around training her ears for anything around them but for now, it was no use sighing she looked over at her aunt and uncles all around her along with her father ahead.

'Not only is this my chance to finally fight alongside my family...but I can show them how much I've improved over the years, then again they seem surprised and a bit upset I made a few friends...one of them being Eren but honestly I don't fear him nor his abilities in fact I'm curious about them. But I can't think about all this right now I need to focus or things could quickly end.' Ayane thought.

Armin was alone for now but then he heard a flash-bang go off and noticed it was red, signalling a titan was nearby. This leads him to remember what they were taught on the signal fires...which means this gave Commander Erwin a sight of where titans were and so that gave him the chance to think things through and shoot a green flare.

The strategy was that once red flares were going off anywhere titans were Erwin would prove a safer route to their mission objective, but sadly this plan was foolproof and soldiers would still die if not in small numbers...but when you're at war and in the front yard of the enemy sadly there are bound to have casualties.

Elsewhere Sasha looked around worriedly as to see where any titans were, for a split second she didn't have sight of it but when it made its appearance Sasha quickly guided her horse away and rushed off. When she dropped her red flare two other soldiers came to her aid and luckily she guided it to their attention like they asked of her and was able to make sure it shoved its damn facing into a tree to slow it down.

That gave Sasha a chance to take a breather and soon return to her position.

'Something feels off...it's been too long since the last red signal, and the formation is still on the map. Wait...' Armin thought.

Just then he saw a black smoke signal, which meant a titan was ignoring the soldiers for whatever reason no one really knew or understood why.

'Black smoke?! There's a titan ignoring the others and making a bee-line for the center. That can only mean an abnormal.' Armin thought firing another black smoke signal.

Two soldiers were after it and both had worked together to kill it when they noticed Armin, though soon things went from bad to worse when a female titan quickly ran up and despite ignoring all three of them she was quite fast.
Though like usual things weren't as they seemed...