Chapter 41: Wish

Even now Historia's father still did his best to get Historia to eat Eren as he used her older sister's memories as a 'cover up' for her to 'see' the woman again, this was utter bullshit but as of this moment, Historia couldn't see through her father's intentions since she finally felt accepted into the family who sent her away.

But not long after however, they were interrupted...by Kenny...and Ayane herself.

Kenny had a grasp on Ayane's upper arm as he forced her forwards, she sustained a small cut to her forehead but nothing that wasn't already healing up slowly. Judging from how skilled she was Kenny recognized a bit of Levi in this girl...ironic since she's clearly adopted, well it was easy to tell by those who knew of her true bloodline that is.

'You've raised a mini-you, ya damn brat.' Kenny thought.

"Oi! Look who decided to burst her way through guns blazing? Took out more of my men as it is." Kenny spoke up.
"Do not worry there's more where they came from." Histora's father brushed off.

'Ayane? She's alive! Wait what is she doing here? Didn't she manage to get away?' Eren thought.

Soon as his eyes met hers he sent her a worried look but he blinked when she sent a calm expression towards him back. She was trying to communicate with him through her eyes, he began to feel somewhat calm as she continued to look at him with that gentle expression.

Her face then switched to a smirk as she threw herself to the ground and fired an acoustic round into the air, Kenny kicked it away from her and held Ayane down. For sure that would alert the others and which it did cause as soon as that went off a barrel was sent down the steps and Levi along with the others quickly filed in.

"Damn she planned this from the very start!" Kenny scoffed.
"Leave her there, she doesn't have much to stand on right now anyways." Historia's father replied.

Kenny scoffed and left to deal with Levi and the squad, Ayane just sat there on her knees glaring up at Historia's father and her eyes followed the poor excuse of a man as he made his way down towards her.

"So is it true you know nothing about your biological family?" Historia's father asked.
"Go fuck yourself," Ayane replied not giving a damn about it.
"Either way it doesn't matter your fate is sealed, an Okumura's life span isn't long and considering your hair is slowly turning white already it means you've slowly begun to awaken from within." Historia's father commented.

'Awaken from within...that's what Bertholt and Reiner spoke about...oh god so it was true. But still Ayane is an Okumura? No that can't be right she's the Captain's daughter.' Eren thought.

When Historia's father approached Ayane however Eren began to move around trying to find a way to break free but the old man just looked at the boy with a bored expression. Eren grunted through what was placed into his mouth for some reason and when he couldn't break free he stopped and hung his head down giving Ayane a sad expression.

As the battle with the rest of the Scouts back there ensued with Kenny arriving to take on Levi, the two fought it out for a bit as Kenny seemed to be excited to fight him and even in mid-battle commented how skilled Ayane was due to the fact none of his own men and woman were able to knock him off his ass at one point and land a cut on him.

"Gotta say she surprised me, though she only was able to nick me a bit. You sure taught her well huh?" Kenny asked.
"You're getting slow old man, did my kid give you a hard time finally?" Levi commented.
"Ha! As if!" Kenny replied.

But in the end, however, Levi managed to injure him quite badly in the side as he had a clean cut. Taking this chance to escape Kenny fell back for the moment as the battle continued with Team Levi and Kenny's men and woman.